Sr. Systems Engineer – Visual Effects
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Upgrade your resume prior to applying with resumeandcareerservices.com.
Our client is a leader in the entertainment/media industry, specializing in visual effects for movies and television. They are hiring a Sr. Systems Engineer to plan, design, deploy, and manage new computing infrastructure and system upgrades.
The Sr. Systems Engineer will also be responsible for supporting artists and production personnel with technical issues and inquiries. The ideal candidate will apply the necessary technical expertise for effective and efficient use while communicating with peers, customers, and leadership.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus comprehensive benefits package.
• Work alongside a team of experienced, creative artists looking to transform the capabilities of the visual effects industry.
• Company seeks to create a supportive and inclusive environment where all can thrive.
• Culture of integrity, high performance, and innovative ideas.
• Tightly knit and results-focused team with a strong work-life balance.
• High visibility within the team and a high degree of influence on projects and company strategy.
• Implement, manage, and support specialized computing environments including render services, production render pipelines, large storage systems, and services.
• Resolve production technical issues and continuously optimize support services processes.
• Leverage root cause analysis to determine and rectify systems faults/errors.
• Create, distribute, and maintain technical documentation and diagrams for customized workflows, updating as necessary.
• Analyze performance of system components, software, networking infrastructure, and hardware peripherals to make recommendations for improvements.
• Ensure compliance with industry best practices, internal policies and procedures, and regulatory guidelines.
• Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and supporting common VFX packages, 3D rendering workflows, operating systems, storage devices, server clusters, core services, etc.
• Strong background in post-production or VFX environments.
• Thorough knowledge of networking and server/PC hardware. (i.e., IPs, subnetting, VLANs, firewalls, custom builds, and more)
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with users.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Innovative problem-solving skills with the ability to find solutions without scripted guidance.
• Willingness to take on challenges, research solutions, and see through to resolution.
• Knowledge of regulatory standards and best practices.
• Must be available to cover on-call rotations for night and weekend incidents.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.