Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leader in the community infrastructure industry. They are creating smart communities across the country by developing and installing fiber-optic networks. They are hiring a Sr. Security Operations Engineer to build their security program from the ground up and be responsible for the company’s network security and compliance.
The Sr. Security Operations Engineer will work tactically with both internal and external stakeholders to solve security challenges at massive scale, and think strategically to develop and implement changes to drive automation, scalability, and continuous progress for the organization.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus outstanding benefits package including medical/dental/vision, immediate eligibility for 401K match, paid vacations, holidays, and more.
• Company that hires professionals and trusts their expertise, giving them room to make tangible impacts within a startup environment.
• Company has strong financial standing and investment backing as a startup offering generous equity benefits.
• Opportunity to play a leading role in large infrastructure projects and interface with some of the largest telecom clients in the nation.
• Extremely mission driven company focused on supporting the vitality of communities.
• Company on the cutting edge of innovation, with processes dedicated to creating new products as well as supporting current ones.
• Develop Security Operations Center (SOC) procedures and protocols that will provide appropriate situational awareness and clear remedial action plans.
• Train and educate security staff, internal stakeholders, and external business partners on SOC management and procedures
• Perform daily system monitoring, problem determination, and resolution in partnership with infrastructure and technology team.
• Assess technical vs. business risks and consistently drive internal engineering teams to take the right actions in the appropriate time frames to mitigate risks.
• Triage/assess security issues and engage with internal service teams to ensure timely remediation of issues, escalating internally as necessary to ensure appropriate levels of urgency and engagement.
• Participate in efforts to promote security throughout the company and build good working relationships within the team.
• Develop pragmatic solutions that achieve business requirements while maintaining an acceptable level of risk.
• Mentor junior staff and proactively share knowledge sharing within the team and across the company.
• Work to achieve security and compliance certifications including CMMC.
• 7+ years of IT experience with 3+ years at a senior level.
• 5+ years of practical experience in security operations at the enterprise or public-sector level.
• Strong background in network/infrastructure development and information security.
• Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrable knowledge of information security attack methods and techniques.
• Proven leadership experience managing security teams. Strong mentor and coaching abilities to ensure effective growth plans of security teams.
• Ability to travel occasionally.
• Industry certifications (CISSP, CISM, or similar) a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.