Blue Signal Search
Our client is an international leading partner of biopharmaceutical researchers, manufacturing products that help customers develop and produce biologic drugs. They are hiring a Sr. Project Buyer to work closely with R&D and product development teams to procure materials in support of R&D sourcing projects.
The Sr. Project Buyer will perform all tactical buying functions for materials and services needed to support R&D sourcing projects, manufacturing activities, and general operations. This role requires a high degree of interaction with R&D, Manufacturing, QA, and suppliers to help launch new products in a dynamic and evolving environment.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary, equity opportunity, and comprehensive benefits plan, including medical/dental/vision, 401K match, and more.
• Opportunity to develop niche skills in the highly competitive, newly developed, and technologically advanced medical technology space.
• Successful portfolio of products with a wide range of applications.
• Highly experienced leadership with an extensive bio sales background at large enterprises and successful start-up companies, deep market expertise and product marketing experience.
• Financially stable company with low employee turnover.
• Ability to tap into global marketplace, and sell a product that could lead to the next big breakthrough in biomed.
• High visibility role with the consistent interface with executive leadership.
• Implement supply chain strategy through market intelligence, contract negotiation, and performance management evaluation.
• Support the cost-effective procurement of equipment, services, and supplies for R&D projects.
• Develop and manage purchasing strategy in line with project timeline to mitigate delays due to supply chain related issues.
• Select and develop suppliers from the approved supplier list in order to achieve project objectives.
• Be point of contact and subject matter expert for price, quality, service, and terms negotiations.
• Lead and manage the RFI/RFQ process.
• Create and maintain strategic relationships with R&D suppliers to ensure successful implementation and change management support.
• Proactively seek and lead innovative ways to ensure the most favorable prices, discounts, bids, and terms.
• 5+ years of procurement, sourcing, or buying experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• Certified in Production and Inventory Management and/or Supply Management preferred.
• Excellent supplier & project management and negotiation skills.
• Biotechnology background is beneficial.
• Working knowledge of MS Office, SAP, and/or similar programs.
• Strong communication skills and ability to develop creative solutions to business challenges.
• Ability to work and make decisions independently.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.