Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leader in the community infrastructure industry. They are creating smart communities across the country by developing and installing open access fiber-optic networks. They are looking to hire a Sr. Product Designer to keep up with growing demand.
The Sr. Product Designer will oversee the entire product creation process from discovering and defining the problem, to designing the solution with the customer in mind. They will focus on the user experience to drive innovative design solutions with minimal direction. This individual will have extensive understanding of contemporary design, user journeys, and research methodologies and solutions for complex experiences.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus outstanding benefits package including medical/dental/vision, immediate eligibility for 401K match, paid vacations, holidays, and more.
• High employee tenure with low red tape culture. They hire professionals and trust their expertise, giving them room to make tangible impacts within a startup environment.
• Company has strong financial standing and investment backing as a startup offering generous equity benefits.
• Opportunity to play a leading role in large infrastructure projects and interface with some of the largest telecom clients in the nation.
• Extremely mission driven company focused on supporting the vitality of communities.
• Company on the cutting edge of innovation, with processes dedicated to creating new products as well as supporting current ones.
• Help design a new software platform to deliver new digital products to customers.
• Partner with cross-functional teams in defining and communicating user experience and design direction.
• Research to incorporate market analyses, data-driven insights, and user research findings to inform design decisions.
• Use research to implement new product ideas to meet customer demands.
• Design and develop software platforms for cloud applications. Build responsive code to ensure scalability, serviceability, and supportability.
• Perform testing and document pipeline development. Oversee bug fixes and escalate as needed.
• Work with the software development and support team to standardize design processes and lead new end to end feature development and enhancements.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science/related field, or equivalent work experience.
• 4+ years of professional experience in product design for software platforms. Startup experience preferred.
• Must have hands-on experience with all stags of product design, from user research, (UI/UX) experience, coding, CSS, interaction, and visual design.
• Proficiency in industry-standard design and prototyping tools including Figma. Up to date on current auto layout and variant features.
• Able to break down complex problems into actionable steps with measurable outcomes.
• Strong understanding and experience with web development SaaS architecture.
• Strong understanding of how to apply design thinking when planning and scoping project work.
• User-centric mindset. Understands user behavior with analytical tools, such as Google Analytics.
• Strong wireframing/prototyping skills.
• Experience partnering with engineers to release features, products, and/or services.
• Background developing and working on complex applications.
• GIS applications and/or Mapbox experience, a plus.
• Industry experience within civic technology, smart city, or sensor products, preferred.
• Excellent visual and verbal communication skills.
• Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.