Blue Signal Search
Our client is an international leading partner of biopharmaceutical researchers, manufacturing products that help customers develop and produce biologic drugs. They are hiring a Sr. Packaging Engineer to drive and coordinate packaging projects between packaging engineering, R&D, and cross-functional teams.
The Sr. Packaging Engineer will be responsible for developing packaging solutions for new products. This role requires a high degree of interaction with R&D, Manufacturing, QA, and suppliers to help launch new products in a dynamic and evolving environment.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary, equity opportunity, and comprehensive benefits plan, including medical/dental/vision, 401K match, and more.
• Opportunity to develop niche skills in the highly competitive, newly developed, and technologically advanced medical technology space.
• Successful portfolio of products with a wide range of applications.
• Highly experienced leadership with an extensive bio sales background at large enterprises and successful start-up companies, deep market expertise and product marketing experience.
• Financially stable company with low employee turnover.
• Ability to tap into global marketplace, and sell a product that could lead to the next big breakthrough in biomed.
• High visibility role with the consistent interface with executive leadership.
• Lead multiple end-to-end engineered packaging projects from conceptualization to testing.
• Interface with Design, Manufacturing, New Product Development, and R&D partners to gather and develop packaging requirements.
• Assist in vendor selection and vendor management. Build and maintain relationships with current and prospective vendors.
• Create and review packaging designs in CAD environment.
• Build and test prototype packaging designs.
• Create testing reports for packaging projects. Present findings and recommendations to stakeholders.
• Manage workflow for troubleshooting and repairs, supporting efforts for production and fixes.
• Ensure work is completed on time, within regulation, and with proper documentation.
• Work closely with customers, vendors, and engineering teams to improve processes and deliver high quality packaging more effectively.
• 3+ years of direct experience in packaging engineering or design.
• Background in the biotechnology, pharma, or medical device industry.
• BS in Packaging or Mechanical Engineering.
• Strong knowledge in a large variety of packaging materials and equipment (paperboard, corrugated, flexibles, etc.)
• Experience with designing to standards such as ASTM, ISO, etc.
• CAD skills for packaging design – SolidWorks proficiency preferred.
• Strong communication skills and ability to develop creative solutions to business challenges.
• Ability to work and make decisions independently.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.