Blue Signal Search
Our client is a top-quality manufacturing company, that serves clients in several industries such as transportation, government, commercial use, and more. They are adding a Senior HR Manager to their human resources team to oversee payroll, processes, scheduling, benefits administration, and more.
The Sr. HR Manager will be responsible for the company’s most important asset: its employees. They balance the company’s growth with compliance. In addition to generalist activities such as payroll and benefits administration, they will also be instrumental in health and safety programs.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus medical insurance, 401(K), and more.
• Opportunity to develop niche skills in national human resources, manufacturing training, contracts and negotiations, and coaching.
• Highly experienced leadership and a culture of innovation.
• High level of responsibility over training schedules, internal affairs, project goals, and processes.
• Culture of high performance and quality customer care.
• Role reports to VP of Finance.
• Oversee HR database, including schedules, attendance calendar, time records, and more.
• Manage payroll processes and procedures. Administer benefits, including health/ACA, dental, vision, life, disability, long-term care, FMLA, 401(K) program, and more.
• Conduct audits to ensure compliance with corporate policies, employment law, and related regulations.
• Coach management and internal employees on communication and leadership skills.
• Negotiate settlements, assist in workers compensation claims, audit contracts, and more.
• Assist managers with civic communications. Provide insight into company culture standards and best-practice material procedures. Oversee plant tours.
• Occasionally recruit, interview, and onboard new employees across a range of departments and seniority levels.
• Respond to government surveys and requests for information.
• Assist with events planning and employee recognition programs.
• 7+ years of progressive HR experience. Strong generalist experience in benefits administration, payroll, compliance, workers compensation, and onboarding.
• Extensive experience in benefits administration. Understanding of grievances, collective bargaining agreements, and more.
• Ability to coach every level of organization on internal relations and issue mediation.
• Experience with an HRIS or HR software.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Background in manufacturing or non-union environment a plus.
• Understanding of compliance law, including:
• Paid leave laws
• FMLA and FLSA
• ISO 9001
• Hazardous wastes handling
• Prior experience conducting internal audits and monitoring internal controls.
• Strong communication skills and ability to develop creative solutions to interpersonal challenges.
• Certifications such as SHRM-CP, SPHR, or PHR are a strong plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.