Blue Signal Search
Our client delivers connected devices for the modern smart home. Their outstanding wireless products are renowned in commercial and consumer markets. They are hiring a Sr. Hardware Engineer to lead and guide a cross-functional team, provide hands-on build support, perform critical debugging and testing, and move IoT product through the development cycle to completion and to scaled production.
The Sr. Hardware Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing hardware for embedded wireless devices and connected systems driving development from design to production. This role will interface with all engineering teams and management to ensure reliability during all phases of a products lifecycle.
This Role Offers:
• Comprehensive benefits package includes competitive base salary, 401(K), healthcare, perks, and more.
• Team is extremely well funded, and company has a reputation as one of the best in the industry.
• Strong culture of promoting its people internally within the organization. Employees encouraged to create their own opportunities based on performance rather than executive constraints.
• Strong pipeline of support with state-of-the-art technical resources.
• Risk-taking team with a “no fear for failure” type culture. If they fail, they like to fail fast in order to take immediate direction and learn from it.
• Management has deep experience in the IoT industry. Strong commitment to and passion within the space.
• Independence and decision-making power. Team rising in company importance as IoT space becomes more prominent in competitive marketplace.
• High level of influence within the engineering team, with direct access to VP and individual recognition for contributions.
• Strong support for employee development, including skills development, support for side projects, and continuing education opportunities.
• Design end-to-end embedded hardware solutions, including design, prototyping, implementation strategy, unit testing, and documentation.
• Develop performance test solutions as part of an electrical engineering team of senior firmware, hardware, and software engineers.
• Troubleshoot, debug, and triage hardware issues within the wireless networking framework.
• Write and participate in reviewing of specifications.
• Develop value propositions and business cases for new products.
• Collaborate with hardware teams to support prototype design testing and troubleshooting, and product improvement. Work with factory to bring to mass production.
• Verify product designs meet all product requirements for performance, reliability, cost, manufacturability, and testability.
• Maintain a hardware-heavy focus, with proficiency in software applications.
• Identify opportunities and propose technical improvements by applying advanced electrical design skills and knowledge.
• 5+ years of experience in embedded hardware design.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
• Recent prior experience working with control systems and/or microprocessor based operating systems.
• Proficiency in PCB programs and ability to read/interpret circuit schematics.
• Familiarity with Ethernet, USB, EMI, and other methodologies.
• Excellent grasp of Linux, C++, C, and Python in an embedded environment.
• Strong analytical skills for complex engineering and product development problems.
• Self-starter mentality with the ability to confidently work independently.
• Proficiency in Mandarin preferred – experience working with Chinese manufacturers a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.