Blue Signal Search
Our client holds a large amount of market share in the drug/pharma formulations field. They work with Fortune 500 companies and household brands to develop winning products that make health more enjoyable. They are hiring a Sr. Engineering Manager to oversee lean manufacturing operations in a high-mix production environment including responsibility for inventory, quality control, and safety.
The Sr. Engineering Manager will work to develop and implement lean manufacturing high-mix production methods in order to ensure optimal quality and quantity of finished products. This person will be a leader in the production areas, creating a culture of safety and continuous improvement.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus outstanding benefits package including medical/dental/vision, immediate eligibility for 401K match, paid vacations and holidays, and more.
• High employee tenure with low red tape culture. They hire professionals and trust their expertise, giving them room to make tangible impacts.
• Company has strong financial standing – holding nearly half of market share, and looking to triple headcount to meet demand by 2024.
• Industry is on the rise – with the COVID pandemic and other health initiatives taking precedence, the pharma, drug, and supplement companies are booming.
• Company on the cutting edge of innovation, with processes dedicated to creating new products as well as supporting current brands.
• High level of autonomy in this role, taking part in a lean team where you would be the sole owner of the role – giving you the chance to truly build your career to what you want it.
• Responsible for leadership in day-to-day operations of the engineering team to include safety, quality, efficiencies, and meeting customer expectations.
• Conduct daily/weekly Production/Safety meetings with plant staff to ensure proper understanding and buy-in of process changes/improvements.
• Develop future talent by coaching and mentoring direct reports.
• Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets, quality, and safety.
• Build structure for continuous improvement program through team management including cost reduction, workflow, scheduling, waste reduction, and more.
• Work cross-functionally with internal teams to support quality, performance, and production value initiatives.
• Organize proper trainings and ensure safety standards and production compliance is met.
• Manage capital budget and oversee machine maintenance efforts as needed.
• 8+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering and/or maintenance.
• 2+ years of experience in leadership with the ability to inspire excellence and lead with purpose.
• Ambitious work ethic with the desire to get others engaged in the larger picture goal.
• Ability to lead presentations, deliver value props, and communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences.
• Working knowledge of the industry, including:
• Basic packaging materials
• Automated assembly
• LEAN manufacturing best practices, including Six Sigma
• Familiar with systems management, waste reduction, and operational efficiency goals is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering field required. Master’s preferred.
• Industry certifications a plus.
• Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.