Blue Signal Search
Our client leads innovation in the electrical and electronic manufacturing space. They have an unrivaled reputation in the industry as the top provider of high-quality and innovative lighting solutions for consumers, businesses, and government users. They are hiring a Sr. Embedded Engineer to lead and support all facets of software engineering through stages of software product lifecycle for the software for control systems and communication products.
The Sr. Embedded Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing firmware for embedded wireless devices and systems. The ideal candidate will have strong embedded firmware background in R&D roles.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses. Benefits include medical/dental/vision, 401(K) match, investment options, and more.
• Highly experienced leadership and a culture of mentorship and innovation.
• Stable company with over 40 years of experience.
• High level of control over project goals, process, and software platform features.
• Strong company culture focused on taking care of their employees.
• High employee tenure with low red tape culture. They hire professionals and trust their expertise, giving them room to make tangible impacts.
• Design end-to-end embedded firmware solutions, including design, prototyping, implementation strategy, unit testing, and documentation of firmware implemented in C++, C, and Python.
• Develop performance test solutions as part of an electrical engineering team of senior firmware, hardware, and software engineers.
• Integrate and validate new product designs.
• Write and participate in reviewing of specifications.
• Develop feature enhancements, firmware, and software, with some hardware interaction.
• Drive toward automation of all tests within a Continuous Integration environment.
• Troubleshoot and triage firmware issues within the wireless networking framework.
• Maintain a software-heavy focus, with proficiency in hardware applications.
• 10+ years’ experience in embedded software development, preferably in an R&D role.
• BSEE or BSCS.
• Recent prior experience working with control systems and/or real-time operating systems.
• Excellent grasp of Linux, C++, C, and Python in an embedded environment.
• Adept in all areas of MS Office.
• Background working with Azure, Access, and/or SQL programming a plus.
• Strong analytical skills for complex engineering and product development problems.
• Self-starter mentality with the ability to confidently work independently.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.