Sr. Cisco Engineer
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Upgrade your resume prior to applying with resumeandcareerservices.com.
Our client provides a full range of market-leading telecom and IT solutions, supporting businesses to operate at their most efficient levels. Their strong commitment to long-term customer relationships has earned them a strong market reputation. To support their continued growth, they are seeking a Sr. Cisco Engineer to join their highly motivated and talented engineering team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining network infrastructure for our clients’ businesses. They will work closely with client customers, vendors, and internal teams to deliver top-notch solutions that support their operations.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive compensation and benefits package.
• Stable, $MM company with an average employee tenure of 15+ years.
• Company that places priority on quality of service, not price point.
• Extensive resources, funding, and support from internal teams within data center, marketing, sales engineering, and more.
• Leadership with deep technical expertise in the telecommunications and information technology industries.
• Track record of internal employee growth and promoting
• Established as a top tier partner within the space.
• Design, implement, and maintain complex network infrastructure for our clients, ensuring high availability, scalability, and performance.
• Provide technical expertise and guidance to internal teams and external customers on network architecture, design, and implementation.
• Perform network assessments, identify areas for improvement, and develop and implement strategies to optimize network performance and security.
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex network issues, including identifying root causes and providing solutions.
• Collaborate with vendors and partners to evaluate and integrate new technologies into the network environment.
• Provide training and mentoring to junior engineers, sharing knowledge and expertise to improve team performance and capabilities.
• Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies, making recommendations for continuous improvement and innovation.
• Participate in on-call rotation and provide 24/7 support as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining Cisco-based networks.
• Proficiency in Cisco routing and switching technologies, network security, load balancing, and high-availability solutions.
• Demonstrated track record of successfully deploying and maintaining Cisco collaboration platforms such as CUCM, Unity Connection, UCCX, and Webex.
• Extensive knowledge of the Cisco Enterprise Networking portfolio, as well as experience with Cisco Security products such as Secure Firewall/NGFW/ASA firewall, IDS, and ISE.
• Proficiency in working with Cisco Wireless and Meraki portfolio of products.
• Knowledge of Cisco Data Center Products, including Nexus switching and UCS.
• Familiarity with virtualization technologies, such as VMware and Microsoft server OS.
• Strong experience with routing protocols, switching, WAN technologies, and network security technologies and protocols.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
• Experience with network automation, scripting, and orchestration tools.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with internal teams, customers, and vendors.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively, prioritize tasks, and manage time effectively.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
About Blue Signal:
Blue Signal is a leading executive search firm, specializing in engineering recruitment. Our engineering recruiting team has expertise placing high-performing talent in areas such as electrical, mechanical, civil, and telecom engineering. Learn more at bit.ly/3M3jUZw
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.