Blue Signal Search
Our client is a prominent company that provides products to industries like oil & gas, mining, construction, and military. With decades of expertise, they are known as a leader in their space. Due to growth, they are hiring a Software Quality Engineer to support the development of embedded software components used in IoT and wireless products.
The Software Quality Engineer will be responsible for test automation and all other development tasks in relation to quality. This role will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure quality
software for embedded wireless devices and systems.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, life insurance, tuition assistance, 401(K), pension plan, employee stock purchase plan, and more.
• Established, reputable company with decades of experience and a robust portfolio of products.
• Highly engaged, tight-knit culture focused on taking care of their employees.
• Ample opportunities for growth and career advancement.
• Affordable cost of living in a city quickly becoming the next tech capital.
• Work a team of engineers to architect, design, test, and implement embedded software solutions.
• Develop automated testing solutions to ensure quality control. Plan, test, review, and verify all embedded software technology.
• Write and participate in reviewing of quality specifications.
• Develop test scripts for feature enhancements of wireless and IoT devices.
• Contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle, as needed.
• Troubleshoot, debug, and triage software issues within the wireless networking framework.
• Collaborate and work cross-functionally as part of a team of embedded firmware, hardware, and software engineers.
• Mentor junior level engineers, as needed, on software tools, platforms, and processes.
• Determine, develop, and maintain guidelines and coding standard documentation.
• 3+ years of experience in embedded software development, preferably within wireless or IoT product development.
• Degree level: BSEE or BSCS. Additional certifications such as ISTQB, a plus.
• Excellent grasp of Python scripting, automated testing development, and quality measures, in an embedded environment.
• Experience developing within point-to-point technology, emerging tech, IoT, embedded systems, etc.
• Background working with debugging tools, preferred.
• Strong experience with CI tools, unit testing, and troubleshooting.
• Experience working hands on with software security technology, a plus.
• Understanding and experience with communication and networking protocols.
• Strong communication, organization, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.