Blue Signal Search
Our client works with Fortune 500 companies and household brands to develop winning products that make health more enjoyable. They are hiring a Senior R&D Technologist to develop products as part of an R&D development team, backed by the resources of a multimillion-dollar company.
The Senior R&D Technician will work hands-on in the lab to develop and launch nutrition products. In addition to product development, they will have authority to drive improvements within manufacturing and production.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus outstanding benefits package including medical/dental/vision, immediate eligibility for 401K match, paid vacations and holidays, and more.
• High employee tenure with low red tape culture. They hire professionals and trust their expertise, giving them room to make tangible impacts.
• Company has strong financial standing – holding nearly half of market share, and looking to triple headcount to meet demand by 2024.
• Industry is on the rise – with the COVID pandemic and other health initiatives taking precedence, the pharma, drug, and supplement companies are booming.
• Company on the cutting edge of innovation, with processes dedicated to creating new products as well as supporting current brands.
• High level of autonomy in this role, taking part in a lean team where you would be the sole owner of the role – giving you the chance to truly build your career to what you want it.
• Drive R&D and product development efforts for health supplements.
• Design and implement plans to research, formulate, characterize, and test new products and ingredients.
• Take products through full development lifecycle, from bench to qualification, to scaling, manufacturing, and commercialization.
• Support QA efforts to test, analyze, and troubleshoot new products as part of the manufacturing and scaling up process.
• Work with process engineering and production to ensure optimization of processes and existing products.
• Act as a subject matter expert on food science, including formulation, testing, manufacturing, and applications.
• Collaborate with technical team and other departments regarding major product development projects.
• Coach and mentor junior team members; act as technical leader within group.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of industry trends regarding ingredients, processes, and regulations.
• 5+ years of experience in food manufacturing/production, including 3+ years’ experience working in an R&D environment.
• BS in Engineering, Technology, Food Science or equivalent. Master’s preferred.
• Expertise in food science and the product manufacturing process.
• Proficiency in ERP systems and MS Office Suite.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop creative solutions to R&D problems.
• Able to interpret problems and present clear, actionable solutions to people across a range of departments.
• Demonstrated project management and communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit bluesignal.com.