Senior R&D Scientist
North Bergen, NJ
Medical & Healthcare
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Upgrade your resume prior to applying with resumeandcareerservices.com.
Our client is a global leader in molecular diagnostics and technology solutions. They deliver extensive medical testing expertise, working with state-of-the-art technology and practices to deliver clients accurate and fast results. They are hiring a Senior R&D Scientist to lead R&D efforts for their diagnostic products.
The Senior R&D Scientist will utilize their background in diagnostic products while overseeing new development testing and processing of software. They will focus on assay development and working hands-on in the lab, developing new products and procedures.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits package.
• Highly respected industry reputation based on innovative products and technologies.
• Close-knit environment with likeminded self-starters.
• Work alongside a team of strong technical professionals offering services to truly impact and support those making advancements within the field of medicine.
• Culture of integrity, high performance, and quality customer care.
• Team of capable, experienced, and seasoned professionals at the top of their industry; very high average employee tenure.
• Lead R&D and product development efforts for diagnostic testing technology and software.
• Support assay development and validation of lab experiments.
• Perform experiments and create conclusions based on findings. Maintain records of data and processes throughout.
• Contribute to the development of SOPs to ensure safety and quality standards.
• Collaborate with internal science team to develop qualify procedures for assay development, ensuring compliance with appropriate quality requirements.
• Prepare data sets and reports and present to findings to senior leadership.
• Conduct molecular testing, processing, reporting, and record keeping for specimen.
• Document quality control efforts including root-cause analysis, instrument calibrations, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
• Maintain diagnostic viability of all specimens and ensure correct labeling of all materials.
• Follow the established standards and regulatory procedures and comply with legal regulations.
• 8+ years of laboratory experience in a clinical environment.
• MS or Ph.D. in Biology, Chemistry, or relevant scientific field, required.
• Must have assay experience, including development, optimization, and validation. Experience with IVD assay development and validation is beneficial.
• Thorough understanding of molecular testing, PCR, microarray, and DNA extraction.
• Strong background in applied chemistry and/or molecular biology.
• Knowledge of cell and bacterial culture and/or bioinformatics, a plus.
• Proficient in MS Office applications – Excel, Word, etc.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with a team.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.