Blue Signal Search
Our client is a global leader in the business consulting space. Their experience and support spans across multiple industries as they strive to provide international businesses with innovative and quality management solutions that set them up for success. They are hiring a Senior Linux Systems Engineer to help create, support, optimize, and install IT solutions and applications for their customers.
The Senior Linux Systems Engineer will use their expertise in the Linux operating system to develop and revise product specs as the software is optimized over time. This role will act as a member of the technical operations team and be responsible for investigating and providing solutions to complex technical issues that will improve the customer experience.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive compensation plus and a robust benefits package.
• High visibility within the team with significant influence on projects and processes.
• Ability to see the impact made from the work – proven results and customer satisfaction.
• Extremely high-growth opportunity within the IT market segment.
• Work alongside management with technical expertise and outstanding industry and market knowledge.
• Close-knit work environment with innovators and market disruptors.
• Design and support software development and maintenance for products. Assist in revisions alongside the product and engineering groups.
• Use relevant software design and development tools to complete order to product specifications.
• Design hardware components for firmware/embedded software products when necessary.
• Use best practices and support development standards. Conduct testing as needed.
• Identifies and implements opportunities to reduce problems and optimize support.
• Troubleshoot, debug, provide technical support and training to internal teams and external end users as needed.
• Perform and test system configurations, backups and restores to ensure system recovery from error or outage.
• Document product defects and work with product engineering team to recreate issues and develop resolutions.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in information systems or other related field.
• At least 5 years of server administration experience in a Linux environment.
• Must have TS/SCI eligibility with poly as well as be crossover eligible.
• Strong knowledge across multiple coding languages.
• Background in real-time software development, source control, security, coding, digital processing, and/or functional programming a plus.
• Advanced knowledge of one or more server operating systems supported by department
• Strong customer-facing skills with the ability to communicate highly technical data to non-technical audiences.
• Experience and ability to quickly respond to and resolve incidents
• Ambitious work ethic with the desire to get others engaged in the larger picture goal.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.