Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leader in the manufacturing of electronic components for mobile device security. They are hiring a Senior Firmware Design Engineer to support product development, support, and testing.
The Senior Firmware Design Engineer has a unique opportunity to step into a fast-growing company with a full range of mobile solutions, including cloud management, security, wireless components, and more. This person will work with the software engineering and product development teams to develop and revise firmware designs for product specs.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary as well as health coverage.
• Excellent work-life balance with options for flexible scheduling.
• Work on product for customers in defense and enterprise.
• Large pool of financial resources and data tools.
• Access to upper management and high degree of influence over business processes.
• Very high average employee tenure because company works to support people who are excited about what they are doing, and show them they are true contributors to the overall company’s success.
• Design and support firmware development and maintenance for embedded systems. Assist in revisions alongside the product and engineering groups.
• Use relevant software design and development tools to complete order to specifications.
• Design hardware components for firmware/embedded software products.
• Use best practices and support development standards. Conduct testing.
• Debug, provide technical support and training to internal teams and external end users as needed.
• Investigate technical issues remotely and on-site.
• Document product defects and work with product engineering team to recreate issues and develop resolutions.
• Drive toward automation of all tests within a Continuous Integration environment.
• Mentor junior engineers and team members as needed.
• 5+ years of computer science or software engineering experience in embedded firmware design and development. Electrical engineering experience preferred.
• 3+ years of scripting and programming experience with C, Python, FreeRTOS, UX/UI applications, and other tools.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
• Adept at the bring-up, verification, and debugging/troubleshooting of embedded systems.
• Software testing (unit test frameworks, hardware-in-loop testing, etc.) and SDLC experience required.
• Strong understanding of Waterfall and Agile processes.
• Background in real-time software development, source control, security, coding, digital processing, and/or functional programming.
• Knowledge of relevant tools, embedded systems, and various platforms; as well as protocols for WiFi, USB, L2/L3, and other mobile device protocols a plus.
• Expertise in hardware design, product development, software structure, and electrical signal integrity preferred.
• Customer-facing skills. Able to communicate highly technical data to non-technical audiences.
• Ambitious work ethic with the desire to get others engaged in the larger picture goal. Truly own their career path and want to strive for the best for the team.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.