Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leader in the community infrastructure industry. They are creating smart communities across the country by developing and installing open access fiber-optic networks. They are hiring a Senior Controller to manage Finance Department from a controller position on the executive management team. This person will take charge of operational improvement in financial analysis, budgeting, and more.
The Senior Controller will be responsible for financial planning and forecasting, as well as daily accounting operations. This individual will be doing all full-cycle accounting functions for the company, including balancing the books, journal entries, bank reconciliations, consolidations, and working with an outside accounting firm on audit and tax matters.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus outstanding benefits package including medical/dental/vision, immediate eligibility for 401K match, paid vacations, holidays, and more.
• Company that hires professionals and trusts their expertise, giving them room to make tangible impacts within a startup environment.
• Opportunity to build Finance Department from the ground up with opportunities to grow into executive level positions.
• Company has strong financial standing and investment backing as a startup offering generous equity benefits.
• Opportunity to play a leading role in large infrastructure projects and interface with some of the largest telecom clients in the nation.
• Extremely mission driven company focused on supporting the vitality of communities.
• Company on the cutting edge of innovation, with processes dedicated to creating new products as well as supporting current ones.
• Establish and manage the Finance Department while carrying out daily accounting operations including billing, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
• Lead the upgrade of their financial systems from Quick Books to a more robust and scalable ERP platform; responsible for the integration with other financial systems and the foresight to think ahead of their future needs in developing the internal architecture.
• Manage accounting activities and monthly close processes. Ensure all major financial deadlines (reconciliation, tax filings, etc.) are met.
• Ensure adherence to GAAP best practices, government regulations, and proper tax procedure nationally.
• Establish and maintain corporate accounting policies and procedures.
• Present financial statements, covenant compliance, and variance analysis.
• Assist with financial planning, budgets, and forecasting. Compile data sets to assist with process optimization and to back up process-change ideas.
• Advise management teams on business operations and suggest changes to improve financial outlook and processes. Deliver quarterly/annual financial reports to stakeholders.
• Review internal controls and prepare auditing procedures.
• Develop business plans, budgets, and profitability initiatives.
• 5+ years of relevant corporate finance and accounting experience.
• 3+ years of experience working for a large accounting firm preferred.
• Excellent foundational understanding of GAAP, IFRS, SEC, and best practice accounting policies.
• A track record of being hands-on and nimble, implementing process improvements and other initiatives for a company going through various growth phases.
• Experience with internal and external audit procedures.
• Proficiency with ERP, ADP, Excel, and other accounting software a plus.
• Background in telecom a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.