Blue Signal Search
Upgrade your resume prior to applying with resumeandcareerservices.com.
Our client, a leading non-profit healthcare system, is looking to hire a Research Nurse to assist the oncology and clinical research team.
The Research Nurse will work hands on assisting investigators and the oncology research team to prepare and evaluate patients during new clinical trials. They will assist with screening, enrolling study participants, and providing practice-related clinical management to those participants while on study.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive wage supplemented by a comprehensive benefits package – medical/dental/vision, 401(k) match, etc.
• A supportive environment recognized for its commitment to healthcare excellence.
• Access to advanced learning programs aimed at fostering personal and professional development.
• A culture that promotes high performance, exceptional care, and positive patient outcomes.
• Cooperate with relevant teams to timely manage protocol changes, informed consents, reviews, and serious events, submitting to the suitable IRB.
• Partner with the chief researcher to judge study viability, compare with existing protocols, and draft a care and research cost budget.
• Proactively identify and evaluate suitable study patients, arranging necessary meetings and evaluations.
• Scrutinize patient medical records in line with sponsor guidelines, guaranteeing comprehensive documentation of lab results, procedures, and patient progress.
• Educate all involved parties about patient care specifics, available trials, treatments, and side effects.
• Aid in the consent process, ensuring patients comprehend clinical trials and obtain written informed consent.
• Chronicle patients’ medical history per protocol guidelines, tracking patients’ progress during trials with updated and accurate records across all relevant systems.
• Alert the chief researcher about adverse or serious events, such as drug toxicity or unexpected side effects, and report these events to the sponsor and IRB as per set timelines.
• Get ready for sponsor monitor visits, making sure all necessary documentation is ready and available.
• Support the chief researcher in preparing data for publication, collaborating with analysts to assess the importance of the gathered data.
• Active RN License in state of NJ (NLN/AACN). Bachelors of Science in Nursing, preferred.
• 3-5+ years of nursing experience in a clinical setting.
• Previous clinical research experience in oncology either as a RN or another research role.
• CITI training/certification, a plus.
• Knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements as well as the American Nurses Association, required.
• Firm understanding of basic healthcare and scientific terms, procedures, and standards.
• Proficient with Excel, Word, Outlook, and other Microsoft applications.
• Must be able to work cross-functionally while having excellent time-management.
• Strong communication skills with a deadline driven mind-set.
• Motivation and commitment to helping others, while displaying a positive attitude.
About Blue Signal:
Blue Signal is a leading executive search firm specializing in healthcare recruiting. Our healthcare recruiters have expertise in placing high-performing talent in healthcare IT, medical devices, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, etc. Learn more at bit.ly/3G5DbWr
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.