Blue Signal Search
Our client offers a variety of customizable products with several top-notch facilities located across the nation. Due to increased demand, they are looking to hire a Quality Manager to champion, support and lead quality improvement initiatives while ensuring compliance with national and international standards for safety and production.
The Quality Manager will test processes and products in order to ensure quality standards are being met throughout the production cycle. They will support overall plant operations, especially safety and efficiency. Success will be measured by their ability to improve quality management systems, support continuous improvement efforts, and in implementing and enforcing quality plans.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary, plus comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental, and 401(k) match.
• Multiple career advancement paths. Opportunity to develop niche skills.
• Outstanding company culture with a focus on camaraderie and respect.
• Established, respected company with an excellent industry reputation and global customer base.
• Strong support structure. Large pool of resources including finance, software, and procurement support and tools.
• Commitment to sustainability and innovation – company is constantly conducting research and testing to reduce their carbon footprint and make products that better support the environment.
• Strong safety culture and safety performance at each facility.
• Responsible for front-line leadership in day-to-day operations of plant production to include safety, quality, efficiencies, and meeting customer expectations.
• Communicate directly with customers in the event of an issue, collect feedback, and ensure timely and appropriate resolution.
• Manage quality incident resolution process including completion of root cause analyses, calculation of total cost of quality, implementation of corrective actions, and communication to key stakeholders.
• Conduct daily/weekly Production/Safety meetings with department staff to address quality concerns and implement operational improvements.
• Provide leadership and drive quality training initiatives for employees.
• Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets, quality, and safety.
• Create standard testing processes and procedures in conjunction with the operations and technical teams.
• Work with suppliers and vendors, defining customer/plant requirements and ensuring quality.
• 7+ years of experience in manufacturing quality assurance. Quality experience within food and/or packaging preferred.
• Background in the plastics/packaging industry required.
• Bachelor’s degree in related engineering discipline preferred.
• Leadership experience a plus.
• Knowledge of the industry quality standards (FDA, USDA, etc.) a plus.
• HACCP certification preferred.
• Experience and understanding of ISO, SQF, and other audit types desired.
• Ambitious work ethic with the desire to get others engaged in the larger picture goal.
• Ability to lead presentations, deliver value props, and communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences.
• Familiar with systems management, waste reduction, and operational efficiency goals is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.