Blue Signal Search
Our client is a global leader in their field. Their highly respected industry reputation is based on quality customer service, attention to detail, and a high commitment to ethics. They are hiring a Quality Food Safety Manager to lead on-site implementation of policies, continuous improvement processes, and systems to shape the facility’s QFS culture.
The Quality Food Safety Manager is responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining all food safety quality and regulatory systems in the plant. The daily functions and operations as they pertain to food quality assurance. The ideal candidate will have experience implementing food safety programs for pet food and ensuring adherence to quality and safety.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary, plus comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental, 401(k) match, and annual performance bonuses.
• Fitness and transportation reimbursement, work/life programs.
• Excellent vacation package and strong work/life balance.
• Multiple career advancement paths. Opportunity to develop niche skills.
• Outstanding company culture with a focus on camaraderie and respect.
• Large pool of financial resources and software tools.
• Established, respected company with an excellent industry reputation and global customer base.
• Work with an experienced team with 80 combined years of experience.
• Strong safety culture and safety performance at each facility.
• Deployment of QFS policies including implementation, auditing, and improvement.
• Train and support employees in QFS procedures, implementation, and food safety plans.
• Ensure implementation and compliance of all food safety quality and regulatory policies and practices at assigned location.
• Implement predefined customer and supplier standards, address customers’ needs, and act as liaison between customer and operations to ensure standards and expectations are met.
• Support local leaders by building a strong culture of food safety, quality, and regulatory compliance.
• Establish rapport and increase employee dedication for safety through strong leadership and influence.
• Drive improvement efforts regarding complaints, inspections, and audit investigations.
• Travel between plants to ensure QFS programs are in place, including on-site support and pest control policies.
• Act as point of contact and subject matter expert for QFS regulations and compliance internally and externally. Collect knowledge on various product regulations for use in customer interactions and internal knowledge sharing.
• 5+ years of experience in quality assurance and control functions within the food processing industry, with related training and certifications.
• 3+ years of experience working in food safety quality and regulatory management.
• Food processing plant experience a plus.
• Experience in animal and/or human food a must.
• Microbiology experience and previous experience in extruded product production a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in applicable field.
• Strong communication skills and ability to develop creative solutions to business challenges.
• Previous leadership and management experience a must.
• Proven ability to manage issues by finding solutions and communicating changes effectively.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.