Project Manager/Estimator (Construction)
Forest Lake, MN
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Our client is a top road construction organization (primarily asphalt) and aggregate supplier, completing extensive projects throughout the Midwest. They are hiring a Project Manager/Estimator to oversee the operations for asphalt and paving construction projects.
The Project Manager/Estimator (Construction) will ensure that the project is completed safely, on schedule and within budget. This is a great opportunity for a Project Manager / Estimator to join a team that is dedicated to safety, quality, and growth. If you’re looking for an opportunity where you can grow your career and get recognized for your contributions, then this could be the role for you!
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus full benefits package: medical coverage, vacation time, retirement, and more.
• High visibility within the team and a high degree of influence on projects and company strategy.
• Company culture of investing in its employees through career advancement and professional development, plus top-level industry coaching from best-in-the-business leadership.
• Company that places great emphasis on sustainability, DEI, and integrity throughout business operations.
• Strong emphasis on cultural fit and employee satisfaction. Very high average employee tenure.
• Create and submit estimate/bid packages for customers through reviewing SOW and design project with clients.
• Monitor performance and adherence to plans and specifications during the construction phase.
• Support and mentor junior staff through design consultation and QA/QC measures.
• Organize project scope, timeline, supplies, and delivery. Coordinate with leadership and stakeholders to update them on major changes, obstacles, and milestones.
• Identify and recommend the internal and/or external resources to reach the project goals and manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects.
• Review design options and recommend the best solution based on cost, engineering quality, and/or availability of materials. Document accordingly.
• Provide project leadership in the execution of projects; direct the project and engineering teams and communicate requirements to both internal and external organizations.
• Develop project budget forecast and proactively manage budget needs based on business requirements.
• Ensure project delivery meets design specifications and compliance.
• 1+ years of experience in project/contract management, estimating, or engineering.
• Bachelor’s in civil engineering, construction management (or equivalent work experience). Must be a registered EIT.
• Knowledge of industry methods for scheduling, bidding, estimating, contracting, cost reporting, safety, and quality.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, construction estimating software, and Powerproject.
• Prior estimation experience in a paving or construction type environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Must have ability to interact with external and internal customers and partners in a fast pace, multitasking environment, working independently with a high degree of problem solving.
• Excellent time management, critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.