Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leading manufacturer of plastic products. With over three decades in the industry, our client has an impressive portfolio and customer base. Due to increased demand, they are looking to hire a Production Supervisor to lead the day shift production team and keep up with production.
The Production Supervisor will manage approximately 9-12 people in the daily routine of producing quality plastic products in a safe, productive manner with minimum waste. They will support and aid the facility team in delivering best-in-class production through training, mentorship, and more.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary, plus comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision, 401(k) match, paid vacation, and holidays, and more.
• Unlimited potential for growth. Opportunity to develop niche skills.
• Outstanding company culture with a focus on camaraderie and respect.
• Established, respected company with an excellent industry reputation.
• Strong support structure and large pool of resources.
• Strong safety culture and safety performance at each facility.
• 6am–6pm, 3 on 3 off shift schedule with every other weekend off.
• Responsible for front-line leadership in day-to-day operations of a designated production team to include safety, quality, efficiencies, and meeting customer expectations.
• Conduct daily/weekly Production/Safety meetings with department staff.
• Establish high morale within your department by showing fairness, consistency, and an interest in employees while maintaining confidentiality.
• Provide leadership and drive training initiatives for employees.
• Develop future talent by coaching and mentoring direct reports.
• Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets, quality, and safety.
• Build structure for reliability program through team management including budget, workflow, scheduling, reporting, and more.
• Ensure preventative maintenance for all blow mold, bagging, trailers, and support equipment is in order, along with equipment history and work history.
• Ensure work is completed on time, within budget, and with proper documentation.
• Organize proper trainings and ensure safety standards and production compliance is met.
• Act as a liaison between upper level management and the production floor.
• 5+ years of experience in Production Supervision in a Blow Molding environment
• Bilingual English / Spanish preferred
• Associate’s degree or higher preferred in related field.
• Must be able to work the day shift, 6am-6pm.
• Background in leadership with the ability to organize and schedule to ensure completion of tasks in timely manner.
• Familiar with Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma.
• Ambitious work ethic with the desire to get others engaged in the larger picture goal.
• Ability to lead presentations, deliver value props, and communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences.
• Understanding of OSHA guidelines, health and safety standards and compliance.
• Proficient Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills.
• Knowledge of the plastic manufacturing industry a plus.
• Familiar with systems management, waste reduction, and operational efficiency goals is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.