Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leading packaging distributor sought by several market verticals nationwide. To maintain their success, they focus on product quality, availability, and exceptional service. They are hiring a Production Manager to oversee a team within a production plant: responsibilities include solutions surrounding safety, quality, scheduling, process improvement, and more.
The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing production operations, locating inefficiency, and developing areas for potential improvement. They will support and aid the facility team in delivering best-in-class production through training, mentorship, and more.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K with company match, PTO, and more.
• Commitment to sustainability and innovation – manufacturing operations focused on sustainability and environmental impact.
• Strong record of corporate responsibility, employee safety, and employee care.
• Many career advancement paths and support for training and certifications, especially as production increases and high-caliber, dynamic talent becomes more valuable.
• Industry-leading tools and machinery with top-of-the-line resources.
• High level of autonomy in this role, taking part in a lean team where you would be the sole owner of the role – giving you the chance to truly build your career to what you want it.
• Responsible for hands-on leadership in day-to-day operations of the production team to include safety, quality, and efficiencies.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of manufacturing regulations and policies and communicate requirements effectively. Organize trainings to maintain compliance.
• Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets, quality, and safety.
• Analyze plant operations and key metrics to ensure that the packaging line remain efficient and high quality.
• Lead team to exceed production goals while maintaining product quality productions rates, yields, and efficiencies.
• Improve operational overhead through cost-saving initiatives, inventory control, streamlining manufacturing, supply chain, and production operations.
• Ensure work is completed on time, within budget, and with proper documentation.
• Oversee machine maintenance/troubleshooting efforts as needed.
• 5+ years of management experience in production or packaging. Flexible packaging experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
• Direct, hands-on experience with thermoforming required.
• Experience in leadership with the ability to inspire excellence and lead with purpose.
• Strong background in a fast-paced product manufacturing or packaging environment with proven ability to work well under pressure.
• Ambitious work ethic with the desire to get others engaged in the larger picture goal.
• In-depth understanding of OSHA guidelines, health and safety standards and compliance.
• Proficient Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills.
• Familiar with ERP and inventory management systems.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.