Blue Signal Search
Our client is an leading manufacturer of biodegradable packaging. They are revolutionizing the packaging industry by providing recyclable and compostable packaging options to reduce the impact on the environment. They are hiring a Production Manager to oversee a team within a production plant: responsibilities include solutions surrounding safety, quality, budgeting, talent development, and more.
The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing production operations, locating inefficiency, and developing areas for potential improvement. They will support and aid the facility team in delivering best-in-class production through training, mentorship, and more.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary, company stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package.
• Commitment to sustainability and innovation – company is constantly conducting research and testing to reduce their carbon footprint and make products that better support the environment.
• Company has strong financial standing and is backed by international investors.
• Industry is on the rise – with the sustainability and other eco-friendly initiatives, biodegradable alternatives are in high demand.
• High level of autonomy in this role, taking part in a lean team where you would be the sole owner of the role – giving you the chance to truly build your career to what you want it.
• Responsible for front-line leadership in day-to-day operations of the production team to include safety, quality, and efficiencies.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of manufacturing regulations and policies and communicate requirements effectively. Organize trainings to maintain compliance.
• Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets, quality, and safety.
• Analyze plant operations and key metrics to ensure that the packaging line remain efficient and high quality.
• Lead team to exceed production goals while maintaining product quality productions rates, yields, and efficiencies.
• Improve operational overhead through cost-saving initiatives, sound capital investments, inventory control, streamlining manufacturing, supply chain, and production operations.
• Ensure work is completed on time, within budget, and with proper documentation.
• Manage capital budget and oversee machine maintenance/troubleshooting efforts as needed.
• Develop future talent by coaching and mentoring direct reports.
• 5+ years of experience in manufacturing and/or production/packaging. Must have direct experience with troubleshooting, maintenance, and preventive care in a manufacturing environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred.
• Experience in leadership with the ability to inspire excellence and lead with purpose.
• Strong background in a fast-paced product manufacturing or packaging environment with proven ability to work well under pressure.
• Ambitious work ethic with the desire to get others engaged in the larger picture goal.
• In-depth understanding of OSHA guidelines, health and safety standards and compliance.
• Proficient Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills.
• Familiar with ERP and inventory management systems.
• Extrusion manufacturing experience a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.