Blue Signal Search
Our client is a major player in the nutrition industry. They are hiring a Production and Operations Manager to oversee a team within a production plant: responsibilities include solutions surrounding safety, quality, budgeting, talent development, and more.
The Production and Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing production operations, locating inefficiency, and developing areas for potential improvement. They will have high level of influence over the company’s expanding operations initiatives.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive pay, plus comprehensive benefits and long-term incentive plans.
• The chance to work in a mature market from a smaller-company perspective – giving you the opportunity to cut through more red tape, move vertically, have a hand in decision-making, and shape your position within the business.
• Company expected to double to triple in size within the next 5 years.
• Management team that supports overall growth – employing the view that in order to grow as a team you must work and be rewarded as a team.
• State of the art research, development, engineering, nutrition, and testing support to ensure business units are current with findings, developments, and best practices.
• Customer-oriented business that seeks to genuinely help people and their businesses reach peak performance.
• Clear definition of success supported by achievable goals from the onset.
• Workplace made of true innovators who have carved their names into the market. Leading belief that reputation is everything.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of health and safety regulations and policies and communicate requirements effectively. Organize trainings to maintain compliance. manufacturing
• Manage a team of direct reports within the production and operations team.
• Report annual performance to senior management: P&L, net margins, sales, and employee benefits.
• Lead team to exceed production goals while maintaining product quality productions rates, yields, and efficiencies.
• Improve operational overhead through cost-saving initiatives, sound capital investments, inventory control, streamlining manufacturing, supply chain, and warehouse operations.
• Foster new and existing relationships with national and independent distributors.
• Support high safety standards within manufacturing plants and warehouses.
• Work directly with vendors and plants: approve production schedules, discuss capital investments, and set quality standards.
• 3+ years of experience in plant production and operations preferred. Engineering background a plus.
• Bachelors’ in chemical or mechanical engineering.
• Familiarity with hexane extraction preferred.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to organize and schedule to ensure completion of tasks in a timely manner.
• Strong computer skills and understanding of inventory tracking systems, spreadsheets, and word processing software.
• Knowledge of grain management software is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit bluesignal.com.