Blue Signal Search
Our client delivers connected devices for the modern smart home. Their outstanding wireless products are renowned in commercial and consumer markets. They are hiring a Product Manager to oversee the creation of hardware engineering for a new product line.
The Product Manager will serve as a key member of the IoT team and will be responsible for driving the technical vision and strategy of this exciting new venture. This role is equal parts strategic visionary and engineer.
This Role Offers:
• Comprehensive benefits package includes competitive base salary, company match 401(K), performance bonuses, insurance options, perks, and more.
• Team is extremely well funded and has a reputation as one of the best in the industry.
• Strong culture of promoting its people internally within the organization.
• Family-oriented culture and great work-life balance.
• Strong pipeline of support with state-of-the-art technical resources.
• Winning culture and high employee tenure.
• Company has been deeply involved in disrupting technologies since inception.
• Management has deep experience in the IoT industry. Strong commitment to the space.
• Independence and a hands-off work culture with no micromanaging. Flat organization.
• Develop hardware architecture for this exciting, confidential new product line within consumer electronics, surrounding IoT and smart home devices.
• Drive mechanical design from end to end, including developing value propositions and business cases for the new product line as the VOC within the engineering team.
• Build and implement go-to-market strategies for the product line. Develop 3-year plan for commercial and consumer level IoT-driven smart devices.
• Act as subject matter expert on certifications and requirements for IoT products to meet before hitting the market. This includes Bluetooth, WI-Fi, and FCC protocols.
• Collaborate with firmware teams to support prototype design testing and troubleshooting, and product improvement. Work with factory to bring to mass production.
• Communicate with engineering teams, manufacturing teams, and vendors to develop fixes for manufacturing inefficiencies and recurring issues, ensuring best materials and processes used.
• Use knowledge of automation to find ways to reduce costs as applicable.
• Brainstorm with executive leadership on competitor products, the technology landscape, regional trends, compliance laws, and other relevant market data. Suggest applications and innovation for internal use.
• 7+ years of hardware product design and development experience.
• Electromechanical focus a must – specifically within consumer products.
• Background in business development, product marketing, and/or sales a must. Must be able to create strong value propositions, brand engagement, and use case buy-in.
• Technical understanding of wireless and IoT devices, especially for smart home applications.
• Proven leadership. Background working with and providing guidance to internal teams, offshore manufacturing partners, executives, and external end-users.
• Must have 4-year degree in electrical or mechanical engineering.
• Hunger and drive to work in fast-paced, performance-based environment where growth is set at your own pace and designs are what you make of them.
• Proficiency with various hardware and networking communication protocols.
• Strong technical presentation and communication skills; comfortable talking to engineering teams, PMs, vendors, and C-level and director-level executives.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.