Blue Signal Search
Our client delivers connected devices for the modern smart home. Their outstanding wireless products are renowned in commercial and consumer markets. They are hiring a Product Manager to help design and develop new lighting products alongside their larger global engineering team.
The Product Manager will strategize new product features and support product lifecycles to drive product development from design to production ensuring ROI of initiatives. They will be responsible for driving the product development from design to production based on market gaps and trends.
This Role Offers:
• Comprehensive benefits package includes competitive base salary, 401(K), healthcare, perks, and more.
• Team is extremely well funded, and company has a reputation as one of the best in the industry.
• Strong culture of promoting its people internally within the organization. Employees encouraged to create their own opportunities based on performance rather than executive constraints.
• Strong pipeline of support with state-of-the-art technical resources.
• Risk-taking team with a “no fear for failure” type culture. If they fail, they like to fail fast in order to take immediate direction and learn from it.
• Management has deep experience in the IoT industry. Strong commitment to and passion within the space.
• Independence and decision-making power. Team rising in company importance as IoT space becomes more prominent in competitive marketplace.
• High level of influence within the engineering team, with direct access to VP and individual recognition for contributions.
• Strong support for employee development, including skills development, support for side projects, and continuing education opportunities.
• Drive decorative lighting product design from end to end, including developing value propositions and business cases for new products.
• Work analytics programs to analyze data and develop actionable insights for the core team and to craft product roadmaps based on the insights.
• Interface with high-level partners and internal teams to gather business requirements for software and hardware. Support rollout process and ensure timeline is kept.
• Produce data sheets, product feature marketing materials, technical user manuals, product specifications, and other related documentation.
• Work with global sales, marketing, engineering, and purchasing teams to identify sales forecasts, market research strategy, product development costs, and cost-effective vendors.
• Brainstorm with executive leadership on competitor products, the technology landscape, regional trends, compliance laws, and other relevant market data.
• Work with Product Managers and Engineers to set schedules for production, measure product line success to verify ROI is realized, an oversee product lifecycle and product SKUs.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, ideally Business, Mechanical Engineering, or Design.
• 7+ years of progressive experience in product management within the manufacturing space.
• Strong background in all aspects of new product lifecycle.
• Experience in competitor analysis and demonstratable understanding of the lighting industry and current market.
• Experience with high-end, luxury electrical products.
• Strong understanding of manufacturing; sheet metal extrusions, sheet metal modeling, etc.
• Experience working with international manufacturing.
• Strong project marketing skills with the ability to develop research, track ROI, strategize for market needs, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to speak to the needs of customers through product messaging and marketing.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Able to travel up to 30%, both domestically and internationally.
To apply for this job please visit bluesignal.com.