Blue Signal Search
Our client solves real-world communications challenges with market-leading wireless products. Their commercial solutions are internationally renowned for their applicability in commercial electronics, wireless LAN, signal processing, cellular towers, 4G/LTE/5G communications equipment, in-building DAS, wireless infrastructure, and RF communication systems. They are hiring a Principal Engineer with expertise in systems engineering to design embedded software for their hardware applications.
The Principal Engineer will work as part of a tightly knit multi-disciplinary team to develop embedded software for advanced, feature-rich wireless technology. As part of the product development team, this person will have strong influence on development activities from end to end, including conceptual design, development, coding, testing of DSP algorithms, and embedded software/firmware.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) plan.
• Strong, stable company with 60+ year history of building high-grade telecommunications components and equipment.
• Tightly knit team within a wholly owned subsidiary, with the financial backing of a multimillion-dollar parent company; high degree of autonomy and freedom to innovate.
• Flexibility to specialize in niche theoretical knowledge or develop versatile multi-disciplinary skills within a team.
• Strong support for employee development, including cross-functional skills development, in-house training, and employee continuing education opportunities.
• High level of influence within the engineering team, with direct access to CTO and individual recognition for contributions.
• Design software systems to accompany specified hardware computational systems.
• Develop embedded firmware for RF test solutions and components as part of a team of senior firmware, hardware, and software engineers.
• Program end-to-end solutions (ideally in C++), including design, coding, implementation, testing, and documentation of modules.
• Take ownership of major system software components and development processes of a full software/firmware stack.
• Develop real-time embedded systems and applications from conceptual model to implementation, discussing milestones and product roadmaps with clients when necessary.
• Implement programming models using customized open-source code.
• Write and review of functional specifications for systems.
• Validate operation of features and provide guidance as needed to test engineers.
• 10+ years of experience in digital communications, specifically within DSP design, signal processing, and systems development, with recent commercial product development experience.
• Master’s in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science required, PhD preferred.
• Modeling and simulation tools such as MATLAB and System Generator required.
• Technical fluency in C++/C.
• Strong analytical skills for complex engineering and product development problems. Mathematical background a plus.
• Proven background working with data communications methods of OFDM/OFDMA, MIMO, beamforming, etc.
• Experience with wireless data communications standards and technologies, including LTE, WCDMA, WLAN, etc.
• Good verbal/written communication, presentation, and technical documentation skills.
To apply for this job please visit bluesignal.com.