Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Our client is a top steel fabrication company, specializing in structural engineering and construction management. They are hiring a Preconstruction Manager to lead budgets and pricing, bid administration, RFI/RFQ development, and more.
This position will oversee projects from bid to take-off, providing leadership to the construction and estimation teams. They will be responsible for proposal development, contract review, vendor management, and ensuring project turnover to project management team.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus full comprehensive package.
• Strong record of company responsibility and mission to provide added value in all they do.
• High emphasis on cultural fit and employee satisfaction. Very high average employee tenure.
• Company’s core values centered around community, respect, and excellence.
• Many career advancement paths and support for training and certifications.
• Lead the preconstruction team in completing projects to high quality standards within the project schedule. Stay involved in all phases: budget, bid, preconstruction, permitting/zoning, digging, and construction.
• Oversee the proposal process and assist when needed in creating change orders or proposal for projects.
• Operational responsibilities include P&L, budget creation and enforcement, scheduling, delivery, and coordination of personnel. Respond to RFPs.
• Discover, vet, on-board, and manage subcontractor labor relations.
• Ensure project delivery meets design specifications and compliance.
• Define scope and goals, set and track milestones, assign team priorities, and report regularly to senior management.
• Develop, manage, and provide insights on department KPIs.
• Work closely with sales team to translate client’s business goals into meaningful business opportunities.
• Oversee project documentation, including proposal deliverables, bid forms, BOM, quote book, invoices, etc.
• 3+ years of construction management experience.
• Background in the steel assembly/structural engineering industry required.
• Ability to read and understand construction/civil plans and specifications.
• Strong technical understanding of structural engineering and construction.
• Proven experience managing P&L, estimation, proposals, and budgets.
• Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project) and BlueBeam.
• Customer-centric attitude with a focus on meeting customer needs and concerns.
• Superb time management skills and ability to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.