Platform Security Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Our client delivers innovative technology used to support atmospheric imagery and analytics. To support their growth, they are looking to hire a Platform Security Engineer to oversee and support AWS security processes.
The Platform Security Engineer will be responsible for planning, designing, and implementing cloud security frameworks and controls across various platforms and applications to support DevOps processes. This role will work with internal and external stakeholders to solve security challenges and think strategically to develop and implement changes to drive automation, scalability, and continuous progress for platform security processes.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus equity, and incredible benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401K, unlimited PTO, and more.
• Company driven by mission to improve national security, commerce, and conservation.
• Close-knit, family-oriented company – they celebrate their wins and accomplishments together as a team.
• Culture of integrity, high performance, and innovative ideas.
• High level of control over project goals, process, and system features.
• Innovative work environment with access to top-rated and newest technologies.
• Support the design, implementation, and maintenance of platform security frameworks and procedures in a DevOps environment.
• Oversee DevSecOps activities including the automation, configuration, integration, and deployment of platform security.
• Implement automation scripts using AWS automation frameworks.
• Develop security operations procedures and protocols that will provide appropriate situational awareness and clear remedial action plans.
• Collaborate with internal teams to drive production infrastructure to support business requirements and to enhance the platform’s security.
• Align standards, frameworks, and security with overall business and technology strategy. Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats.
• Install, monitor, and maintain security controls.
• Lead, train, and mentor junior colleagues on platform security. Act as technical SME on AWS cloud services, tools, and strategies.
• Oversee all required security documentation, policy enforcement, and approvals of DevOps processes from a security perspective.
• Review and evaluate technology for future risks and opportunities to improve security implementation and automation.
• 4+ years of experience in platform security engineering.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline. CISSP, CISM, GWAP, AWS Solutions Architect, or similar certifications preferred.
• Must have enterprise security experience in a DevSecOps environment.
• Hands-on experience in security operations, security policy development, and risk analysis concepts.
• Proven experience with AWS cloud services (VPC, IAM, Cognito, Lambda, etc.) and deploying and managing container orchestrator such as K8s/ECS etc.
• Expertise in security automation, CI/CD, and network security.
• Technical fluency in Bash, Python, and AWS API.
• In-depth knowledge and experience with security and regulatory compliance.
• Ability to see big picture goals and create actionable roadmaps for security programs, technology, and business initiatives to get there.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.