Blue Signal Search
Our client is a major player in the nutrition industry. They are hiring a Plant Manager to guide the team initiatives within the plant. This person will take charge of a thriving and high-development facility and help expand to reach their ultimate goal – creating a repeatable process for potential expansion.
The Plant Manager is responsible for the daily functions and operations as they pertain to product quality and production improvement. The Plant Manager will optimize safety controls and aid the facility team in delivering best-in-class production and support the company’s sales efforts.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive pay, plus comprehensive benefits and long-term incentive plans.
• The chance to work in a mature market from a smaller-company perspective – giving you the opportunity to cut through more red tape, move vertically, have a hand in decision-making, and shape your position within the business.
• Company expected to double to triple in size within the next 5 years.
• Management team that supports overall growth – employing the view that in order to grow as a team you must work and be rewarded as a team.
• State of the art research, development, engineering, nutrition, and testing support to ensure business units are current with findings, developments, and best practices.
• Customer-oriented business that seeks to genuinely help people and their businesses reach peak performance.
• Clear definition of success supported by achievable goals from the onset.
• Workplace made of true innovators who have carved their names into the market. Leading belief that reputation is everything.
• Build structure for plant operations through team management including budget, workflow, scheduling and more.
• Lead team in establishing and meeting production goals in safety operations, yields and efficiencies, cost, etc.
• Systemize the maintenance team operations to support high growth in production rates.
• Manage maintenance activities and workflow for troubleshooting and repairs, supporting efforts for production and fixes.
• Identify issues before failures, record corrective measures in CMMS, and resolve significant failures through root cause failure analysis.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of health and safety regulations and policies and communicate requirements effectively. Organize trainings to maintain compliance.
• Assist with recruitment efforts including hiring and training new employees, delegating work responsibilities, and addressing any performance issues or complaints.
• Assist with implementation and management of procedures.
• 7+ years of experience in plant operations preferred. Experience in CMMS system a plus.
• Bachelors’ in chemical or mechanical engineering. Experience in hexane extraction a plus.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to organize and schedule to ensure completion of tasks in a timely manner.
• Strong computer skills and understanding of inventory tracking systems, spreadsheets and word processing software.
• Knowledge of grain management software is a plus.
• Ambitious work ethic with the desire to get others engaged in the larger picture goal. Truly on their career path and wants to strive for the best for the team.
• Ability to lead presentations, deliver value props, and communicate technical ideas to C-Suite executives.
• Valid driver’s license and positive driving record are a must.
To apply for this job please visit bluesignal.com.