Blue Signal Search
Our client is a major player in the nutrition industry. They are hiring a Plant Engineer to support efforts to streamline and automate manufacturing processes for a large manufacturing plant delivering a wide range of consumer food products. This person will take charge of a thriving and high-development facility and help expand to reach their ultimate goal – creating a repeatable process for potential expansion.
The Plant Engineer is responsible for the daily functions and operations as they pertain to product quality and production improvement. The Plant Engineer will optimize safety controls and aid the facility team in delivering best-in-class production to support the company’s sales efforts.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive pay, plus comprehensive benefits and long-term incentive plans.
• The chance to work in a mature market from a smaller-company perspective – giving you the opportunity to cut through more red tape, move vertically, have a hand in decision-making, and shape your position within the business.
• Company expected to double to triple in size within the next 5 years.
• Management team that supports overall growth – employing the view that in order to grow as a team you must work and be rewarded as a team.
• State of the art research, development, engineering, nutrition, and testing support to ensure business units are current with findings, developments, and best practices.
• Customer-oriented business that seeks to genuinely help people and their businesses reach peak performance.
• Clear definition of success supported by achievable goals from the onset.
• Workplace made of true innovators who have carved their names into the market. Leading belief that reputation is everything.
• Manage projects for the plant manufacturing site and oversee support team.
• Automate manual processes and improve efficiency. Assist with coaching and training as SME for plant safety, equipment, purchasing, and more.
• Work with engineering and manufacturing teams to develop fixes for workflow problems and recurring issues.
• Support high quality and safety standards within the plant.
• Hold responsibility for growth projects that support excellence initiatives.
• Interact and support commercial team, vendors, and food safety teams in order to create fluidity and excellence within the engineering function.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of health and safety regulations and policies and communicate requirements effectively. Organize trainings to maintain compliance.
• Assist with recruitment efforts including hiring and training new employees, delegating work responsibilities, and addressing any performance issues or complaints.
• Assist with implementation and management of procedures.
• 2+ years of engineering management or leadership experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
• Experience in food manufacturing strongly preferred.
• Experience acting as the SME for plant process controls.
• Understanding of sanitation requirements and microbial standards.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field.
• Knowledge of instrumentation standards and equipment.
• A true multi-tasker – with the ability to assist multiple projects at once.
• Good skills in teamwork, strategy, and communication.
• Proven success in troubleshooting issues and creating reactive process that get to the root cause of the issue and fix it.
• Knowledge of safety best practices like OSHA. Certifications and/or prior trainings in safety a plus.
• Bachelors in chemical or mechanical engineering.
• Ability to seamlessly transition between competing priorities.
• Ability to engage with and empower those around you – providing mentorship not management.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.