Blue Signal Search
Our client is a local laboratory practice that delivers extensive medical expertise, working with state-of-the-art technology and practices to deliver clients accurate and fast results. They are hiring a PCR Laboratory Supervisor to provide support and manage the team of Technologist throughout all laboratory testing and initiatives.
The ideal candidate will perform various medical support specialist duties and help to achieve optimal laboratory workflow, excellent customer service, and provide leadership to the team all in accordance with practice policies and procedures. The PCR Laboratory Supervisor will be responsible for mentoring the staff, testing/preparing samples, and ensuring records are up to date and compliant with requirements.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive wage plus benefits package – medical/dental/vision, etc.
• Flexible schedule – both day and night shifts available. Thursday – Sunday 7:00 am – 5:00 pm or 4:00 pm – 12:30 am.
• Close-knit environment with likeminded self-starters.
• Work alongside a team of strong medical professionals offering patient services to adults of all ages and backgrounds.
• Develop strong professional relationships based on communication, understanding and trust.
• Work to provide the motivation, tools, steps, and confidence that will produce lasting outcomes.
• Culture of integrity, high performance, and quality customer care.
• Perform testing and assist with the day-to day administration of the PCR Laboratory including record keeping.
• Oversee lab processes while managing hiring, training, motivating, and assisting junior employees when needed.
• Perform DNA and RNA extractions, PCR amplification or high-throughput sequencing assays on DNA libraries, and other duties as assigned.
• Schedule staff, work assignments and/or bench rotation.
• Maintain medical laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures.
• Follow all Standard Operating Procedures to ensure safety and quality standards.
• Maintain record logs in a timely and efficient manner.
• Give attention to detail to verify relevant data and process specimens ensuring appropriate specimens are handled according to process.
• Correctly apply laboratory medical terminology and measurements.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in science or related field.
• 2+ year of clinical experience. Microbiology experience a plus.
• Active NYSDOH license.
• Experience managing a team in a lab setting.
• Fundamental lab skills including chemical calculations and use of pipettes.
• Knowledge of the Thermo Fisher system a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.