Patient Financial Service Representative
Accounting & Finance
Contract Full Time
Blue Signal Search
Our client is a large-scale healthcare provider. They have over four decades of experience providing pharmacy, clinical, and nonclinical care to patients both at home and throughout their community. They focus on quality, innovation, and improving their community as a whole. They are hiring a Patient Financial Service Representative to financial clearance inquiries, explain benefits and insurance, and document patient charges accordingly.
The Patient Financial Service Representative is responsible for collecting patient co-pays/deductibles, verifying patient insurances, and identifying eligibility issues. In addition to documentation, they will review reports for completeness and accuracy and assist patients.
This Role Offers:
• Contract to hire role with competitive hourly wage.
• Company has strong financial standing – parent company over many services and brands.
• Over 40+ years of experience and proven industry success.
• Company on the cutting edge of healthcare technology innovation.
• Massive customer base and a nationwide reputation and presence.
• High employee tenure with low red tape culture. They hire professionals and trust their expertise, giving them room to make tangible impacts.
• Identify payers and patients to collect for services effectively and accurately.
• Interpret patient eligibility and plan structure to determine patient responsibility.
• Explain insurance benefits, deductibles, and out of pocket expenses to patients to assist the patient in arranging payment for their account.
• Act as subject matter expert on Medicare/Medicaid and educate patients on their benefits accordingly.
• Follow up on outstanding claims and collect identified claims from patients.
• Provide customer service to patients through calls, emails, and other communication.
• Maintain excellent documentation for all activities.
• 1-2+ years of experience in financial clearance or collections roles. Leadership experience a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field strongly preferred.
• Must have prior experience assessing patient eligibility, verifying insurance, and collecting co-pays/deductibles in a healthcare setting.
• Strong understanding of medical and insurance terminology and government/commercial payer requirements.
• Expertise in Medicare/Medicaid requirements, co-pays, and contracted rates.
• Quick learner and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong communication skills and ability to develop creative solutions to business challenges.
• Proficiency with MS Office applications.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.