Partner Attorney – Renewable/Alternative Energy
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Upgrade your resume prior to applying with resumeandcareerservices.com.
Our client is a highly reputable provider of legal and project advisory services in various markets. Their mission is to promote the development of sustainable and innovative energy projects that support clients’ economic and environmental goals.
Due to industry growth and an increased need, they are looking to hire a Partner Attorney to join their Renewable and Alternative Energy team. This role will be responsible for providing legal advice and support on a wide range of matters related to renewable energy projects and transactions.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus incentives, healthcare insurance options, PTO, company match 401(k), and more.
• Long history of success and a reputation for excellence.
• High level of responsibility and visibility with the Board of Directors and executive leadership.
• Company is well-funded and strongly positioned for growth in the renewables sector.
• Extensive support resources and tools, including a highly experienced team with decades of expertise in the space.
• Strong client-centered focus that differentiates this firm from their competitors.
• Collaborative and team-oriented culture that emphasizes working together to achieve client goals.
• Negotiate and structure debt and equity investments in alternative, renewable, and sustainable energy projects.
• Provide legal advice and consulting on tax equity investment deals, including advising clients on the optimal tax structures for financing projects.
• Advise clients on renewable energy commercial hedging and derivatives, as well as other financial instruments.
• Draft and negotiate project finance and structured finance agreements, including loan agreements, security agreements, guarantees, and other related documents.
• Provide legal support on tax credit matters related to client projects, including advising on the tax credit eligibility criteria, financing structures, and tax credit monetization strategies.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide legal support on project development, including land acquisition, permitting, interconnection, and power purchase agreements.
• Represent clients before regulatory bodies and negotiate with relevant stakeholders to ensure project compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• J.D. from an accredited law school and admission to the state bar in good standing.
• 5+ years of relevant legal experience.
• Strong background in project finance and transactional work in the renewable energy sector.
• Demonstrated understanding of tax equity structures and renewable energy financing mechanisms.
• Strong track record of establishing and growing relationships with clients to build a book of business.
• Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, organization, research, negotiation, and drafting skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, including developers, lenders, investors, and regulators.
About Blue Signal:
As an award-winning executive search firm, Blue Signal has a strong track record of placing top talent in the legal space. Our legal recruiters have a strong reputation for finding top-performing talent in areas such as legal leadership, corporate counsel, and litigation. Learn more at bit.ly/42RyDgd
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.