Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leader in the sustainable packaging industry, with a commitment to innovation and customer service that sets them apart. They are currently in search of a Packaging R&D Engineer to join their innovative team.
The Packaging R&D Engineer will be at the forefront of developing and enhancing materials and processes that are critical and valued by global customers. This role will be crucial in driving profitable growth through research and application development, focusing on material enhancements, cost-reduction initiatives, and responding to the ever-evolving needs of the market.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary and 10% bonus. Eligibility for benefits immediately; medical/dental/vision, 401(K) 7% match, and more.
• Opportunity to work with cutting-edge automation technology.
• A supportive work environment that emphasizes employee development and work-life balance.
• Company and its plants have one of the best safety records in the industry.
• Strong focus on operational excellence, lean manufacturing, and sustainability.
• Opportunity for training and development in order to advance career within – multiple career progression paths.
• Actively participate in R&D projects, focusing on the development and improvement of materials and processes, aligned with customer requirements and the company’s strategic goals.
• Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including Engineering, Operations, Quality.
• Assist in overcoming technical challenges and maintaining high standards of solution development and implementation.
• Engage in technical dialogues with customers and internal teams, delivering innovative solutions and maintaining the company’s reputation as a technical leader in the field.
• Play a key role in product and process design, ensuring adherence to critical quality specifications and leveraging knowledge in chemical and polymer sciences.
• Contribute to risk management and project planning, utilizing tools like Design of Experiment and statistical analysis to ensure effective trial execution and analysis.
• Continuously enhance your technical skills and understanding of the industry, while contributing to the protection of intellectual property.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Polymer Science, or a related field.
• At least 2 years of experience in a hands-on role, in R&D or process development within a manufacturing environment.
• Proven ability to apply project management, design of experiment, and statistical analysis methodologies effectively.
• A solid foundation in material science and polymer properties, with an aptitude for practical problem-solving.
• Strong interpersonal skills, capable of working effectively in a team and communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• Commitment to continuous learning and application of new ideas and technologies.
About Blue Signal:
As an award-winning executive search firm, Blue Signal has a strong track record of placing top talent in the plastics & packaging space. Our plastics recruiters have deep industry expertise in plastics manufacturing, packaging design, and materials engineering. Learn more at bit.ly/44j0u9w
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.