Outside Plant Engineer (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile)
Wireless & Telecom
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leading telecom provider offering best-in-class network design and implementation. They lead with excellent customer service and innovation in all they do and have built an incredible industry reputation because of it. They are hiring an Outside Plant Engineer to support telecom and network projects, due to high demand and national market share growth.
The Outside Plant Engineer will assist in all network and fiber design engineering activities associated with expanding and maintaining the OSP network infrastructure. This role will act as a team lead and mentor junior engineers throughout the infrastructure design process.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus a stellar benefits package including generous paid time off and sick leave, tuition reimbursement, overtime pay, company provided equipment, travel expenses, etc.
• Tight knit company culture with a family-based environment.
• High level of influence within new initiatives, major projects, cutting edge technology, and overall strategy.
• Company culture of investing in its employees through career advancement and continuing education.
• Unlimited growth opportunities to advance niche skillsets and expand into leadership roles.
• Dedication to building strong, lasting client relationships and providing best in class service.
• Support telecom design projects for OSP, construction, access networks, and fiber optic cable implementation.
• Assist management and support overall implementation strategy.
• Lead and mentor engineering and operational teams across large geographic service areas for network construction.
• Survey path, distances, and splicing work to be performed for fiber projects and support troubleshooting and mapping initiatives.
• Collaborate and build relationships with telecom clients such as Crown, Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile to deliver fiber projects.
• Act as SME for customers, overseeing project management and interfacing to communicate schedules, challenges, progress, and ultimately set expectations for scope, budget, and delivery.
• Identify vulnerabilities in network infrastructure and make intelligent decisions to ensure reliability.
• Evaluate current and future network requirements and suggest improvements to support the organization’s needs and capabilities.
• Conduct research on network products, services, and protocols to remain ahead of new developments in the networking space.
• 6+ years of OSP engineering experience with 2+ years of management experience over engineering teams/projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, technology, or related field.
• Hands-on experience designing, testing, and deploying RF and optical networks.
• Familiarity with Civil 3D, MicroStation, GIS, and AutoCAD software.
• Excellent project and finance management experience related to large scale OSP projects.
• Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
• Experience interfacing with Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and other telecom players. Existing, local relationships a plus.
• Proven background mapping/surveying aerial and underground network engineering facilities.
• Road Move PRQ and Aramis experience is a plus.
• Firm understanding of all local municipalities, contracts, and competitor knowledge.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills with strong sales and relationship building skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.