Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leading healthcare group focused on providing behavioral health care through education, home care, and mental health programs to youth. They are hiring a School Nurse to provide health care services to students being treated for mental health.
The School Nurse will perform a critical role within the school health program by closely monitoring students’ treatment progress and behavior and administering medication throughout their school day. The School Nurse will work hands on to provide patient care while maintaining best practice standards.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive wage and benefits package with the ability to start immediately.
• Fast-paced environment with likeminded self-starters.
• Work alongside a team of strong medical professionals with emphasis on employee success and mentorship.
• Provide a critical service to youth experiencing mental health treatment with the ability to make a lasting impact on their lives and health progress.
• Culture of high performance and quality care.
• Ability to participate in a team and help mold future policies and processes.
• Provide direct professional nursing services, first aid, illness, and emergency care to students in response to nursing assessment and in accordance with student’s treatment plans.
• Ensure that all documentation, pertinent medical records, and consents are completed and updated.
• Administer medications with appropriate documentation.
• Assist in maintaining a healthy and safe environment.
• Provide health services and information in an effective and positive manner to enhance the health and wellness of the students.
• Work alongside the treatment team and psychiatrists, communicating student’s needs, changes in behavior, and overall treatment progress.
• Train and oversee daily activities of other nurses and unlicensed staff.
• Uphold policies and procedures, as well as industry best practices.
• Active school nurse level I certification or ability to attain.
• A current license to practice medicine as an RN in given state.
• Up-to-date CPR and BLS certification.
• Background in behavioral health, preferably in a school setting.
• Strong attentional to detail with the ability to document paperwork and treatment plans using electronic tools and methods.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills both written and verbal.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.