Night Shift Supervisor
Plastics & Packaging
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Upgrade your resume prior to applying with resumeandcareerservices.com.
Our client is a leading packaging manufacturer for the food & beverage industry. With over two decades in the industry, our client has an impressive portfolio and customer base. Due to increased demand, they are looking to hire a Night Shift Supervisor to lead the night shift production team and keep up with manufacturing.
The Night Shift Supervisor is responsible for overseeing production operations, locating inefficiency, and developing areas for potential improvement. They will support and aid the facility team in delivering best-in-class production through training, mentorship, and more.
This position’s hours are Monday-Friday 10PM-6:30AM.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary, plus comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision, 401(k) match, paid vacation and holidays, and more.
• Outstanding company culture with a focus on camaraderie and respect.
• Established support structure and large pool of resources.
• Strong safety culture and safety performance at each facility.
• Responsible for front-line leadership in day-to-day operations of the night-shift production team to include safety, quality, efficiencies, and meeting customer expectations.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of food quality and manufacturing regulations and policies and communicate requirements effectively. Organize trainings to maintain compliance.
• Develop systems, processes, and SOPs that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets, quality, and safety.
• Analyze plant operations and key metrics to ensure that the production line remains efficient and high quality.
• Lead team to exceed production goals while maintaining product quality productions rates, yields, and efficiencies.
• Improve operational overhead through cost-saving initiatives, sound capital investments, inventory control, streamlining manufacturing, supply chain, and production operations.
• Ensure work is completed on time, within budget, and with proper documentation.
• Manage capital budget and oversee maintenance efforts as needed.
• 4+ years of experience in a production environment, preferably food & beverage manufacturing.
• BS in Food Science or relevant field.
• Strong experience within packaging manufacturing and production.
• Must be able to work night shift.
• Background in leadership with the ability to organize and schedule to ensure completion of tasks in timely manner.
• Ambitious work ethic with the desire to get others engaged in the larger picture goal.
• SAP proficiency beneficial.
• Familiarity with systems management, waste reduction, and operational efficiency goals is a plus.
About Blue Signal:
As an award-winning executive search firm, Blue Signal has a strong track record of placing top talent in the plastics & packaging space. Our plastics recruiters have deep industry expertise in plastics manufacturing, packaging design, and materials engineering. Learn more at bit.ly/42LvQVM
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.