Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leader in the community infrastructure industry. They are creating smart communities across the country by developing and installing open access fiber-optic networks. They are looking to hire a Network Technician to assist in designing and optimizing large-scale fiber-optic networks in dense urban areas and infrastructures.
The Network Technician will be responsible for fiber-optic cable and system install, monitor, maintain, and optimize network hardware, software, and communication links; focusing on troubleshoot. This individual will have the opportunity to learn from a team of top network engineers and project managers to help plan, design, and develop solutions to deploy critical access fiber-optic networks.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus outstanding benefits package.
• High employee tenure with low red tape culture. They hire professionals and trust their expertise, giving them room to make tangible impacts within a startup environment.
• Opportunity to play a key role in a large infrastructure project and gain exposure to emerging technology and trends.
• Extremely mission driven company focused on supporting the vitality of communities.
• Company on the cutting edge of innovation, with processes dedicated to creating new products as well as supporting current ones.
• Perform fiber optic cable and system installations including troubleshooting and preparation.
• Resolve network issues in the field related to connectivity, traffic flow, security, and network capacity.
• Configure, troubleshoot, implement, and maintain network infrastructure, cable, and equipment.
• Support policies for incident management, disaster recovery, business continuity, security for mission-critical technology, and recommend improvements.
• Assist in developing processes for IT Compliance, workflow improvements, change management, risk assessment, and business process improvements.
• Continuously improve network security according to industry best practices.
• Act as a technical resource for the network operations and system administration team.
• Assist in performing network engineering (hardware and software) using technical tools and processes.
• Identify and troubleshoot hardware and software technical problems.
• Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
• Monitor and test network performance while documenting statistics and reports.
• Perform server and security audits, system backups, and recovery.
• 5+ years of experience with network engineering, ideally supporting a 24×7 environment.
• Technical stack:
• Protocols: IP protocols, routers/switches, firewalls, DNS, SNMP
• Linux, Windows OS
• Experience with FFTH point to multipoint network architectures including: HFC, PON, DCOSIS, EPON, GPON, etc.
• Cisco certifications, ideally CCIE.
• Familiarity with fiber-optic network equipment and equipment splicing, testing, racking, and stacking.
• Other industry certifications (e.g. Juniper, MCSE, VMware) are a strong plus.
• Strong communication, technical documentation, and analysis skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience.
• Background in network engineering, preferably within software defined networks.
• Understanding of large-scale corporations/ infrastructures within telecom, a plus.
• Passion for learning and gaining hands on experience with virtual network deployments and technologies.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.