Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leader in the networks and connectivity space with over 15 years of history providing first-rate internet services. They are hiring a Network Engineer to deploy and maintain access networks by supporting broadband services, end users, and CSRs.
The Network Engineer will install, monitor, maintain, and optimize network devices such as switches and routers. This role will focus on network engineering planning while assisting with troubleshooting and issue resolutions. This individual will work alongside a team of top engineers and PMs to deliver Network installations.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary, plus comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental, and 401(k) match.
• Multiple advancement paths. Opportunity to develop niche skills in a role that provides on the job training and skill development.
• Flexible work hours and strong work/life balance.
• Outstanding company culture with a focus on camaraderie and respect.
• Opportunity to build an advanced skillset in wireless/telecom network infrastructure building fiber networks across IL.
• Large pool of technical resources and software tools.
• Fast growing company, entering new network markets YoY and looking to grow customer base from 3K to 50K.
• Opportunity at pivotal point in the industry, updating the network from 10G to 300G+.
• Deploy LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
• Adhere to policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
• Support new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
• Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
• Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
• Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
• Perform server and security audits, and system backups and recovery.
• Resolve customer and network issues via troubleshooting and communicating with internal technicians.
• Previous industry-related experience in telecom network engineering.
• Professional certifications (CCNP, CCDP), a plus.
• Network administration and/or architecture background.
• Knowledge of network LAN/WAN.
• Experience with Fiber, Coax, and Ethernet mediums.
• Strong project management ability.
• Familiarity with network operating systems, security, and access control models.
• Deep familiarity of TCP/IP and other routing protocols.
• Must possess a strong go-getter type of work ethic – with the ability to work independently, learn quickly, and handle some ambiguity in regards to tasks.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.