Network Deployment Engineer (Fiber)
Coeur d’Alene, ID
Wireless & Telecom
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Upgrade your resume prior to applying with resumeandcareerservices.com.
Our client is a leader in the telecom space with their innovative fiber optic network and other wireless solutions. Due to expansion and new service offerings, they are looking to hire a Network Deployment Engineer (Fiber) to deploy and maintain FTTH network infrastructure in metropolitan areas.
This is a hands-on technical role requiring extensive experience in network design, deployment, and troubleshooting, with a strong emphasis on Cisco and Juniper infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, a willingness to mentor less experienced team members, and a track record of providing exceptional customer service.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus incentives and a comprehensive benefits package, including health/dental/vision insurance, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, 401(K) match, and more.
• Opportunity for personal and professional growth within the company, potentially leading to management positions or team leadership roles.
• Excellent work-life balance with a family-like team environment.
• Regular team activities and in-person meetings promote a sense of community and foster relationships among coworkers.
• Opportunity to work for a company that prioritizes a positive internal culture – where they know happy employees are driven employees.
• Extensive support resources and tools with the chance to work directly with leadership.
• High employee tenure with low red tape culture. They hire professionals and trust their expertise, giving them room to make tangible impacts.
• Design, deploy and maintain fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) networks, ensuring high-quality and reliable service delivery to customers.
• Configure and optimize network equipment based on design specifications, ensuring the proper routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and/or MPLS are properly implemented.
• Analyze and troubleshoot network problems using a variety of tools and methods.
• Continuously monitor network performance to identify areas of improvement and develop a plan of action for resolution.
• Work closely with project managers and clients during all phases of projects, providing regular updates on project status, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
• Create and maintain detailed documentation throughout the project lifecycle, including network diagrams, procedures, and policies.
• Provide mentorship and guidance to less experienced team members, helping them to develop their technical skills and knowledge of network engineering principles.
• Provide 24×7 support for the network as needed, responding to incidents, performing upgrades, and maintaining system availability.
• Associate’s degree or higher in an IT-related field preferred.
• Active CCNP or equivalent, a plus.
• 5+ years of experience with the implementation, management, and support of Cisco and/or Juniper hardware and infrastructure.
• 3+ years of experience with GPON equipment and concepts, as well as OSPF, MPLS, and BGP protocols.
• Strong background in the service provider industry.
• Excellent written/verbal communication, project management, prioritization, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated experience working with or creating a network IP schema (both IPv4 and IPv6).
• Possess superior technical skills, people skills, and a great, positive attitude.
• Ability to travel up to 30%
About Blue Signal:
Blue Signal is an award-winning, executive search firm specializing in telecommunications recruiting. Our telecommunications recruiters have a proven track record of placing top tier talent in the industry, with deep expertise in wireless, fiber, network infrastructure, etc. Learn more at bit.ly/3JZNTim
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.