Blue Signal Search
Our client provides laboratory services delivering extensive medical testing expertise, working with state-of-the-art technology and practices to deliver clients accurate and fast results. They are hiring a Molecular Technologist to assist in providing support with COVID-19 testing due to an increased demand of laboratory testing and initiatives.
The ideal candidate will perform various medical support specialist duties and help to achieve optimal laboratory workflow and excellent customer service in accordance with practice policies and procedures. This Molecular Technologist will be responsible for handling specimens, checking labels, data entry, aliquoting specimens and sorting them and providing general assistance to other technologists.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive wage plus comprehensive benefits package.
• High energy and fast paced work environment with likeminded self-starters.
• Work alongside a team of strong medical professionals offering services to adults of all ages and backgrounds, leading to unlimited learning opportunities.
• Gain hands on industry knowledge by working closely with a smaller team.
• The chance to help save lives and give back to the community.
• Develop strong professional relationships based on communication, understanding, and trust.
• Culture of integrity, high performance, and quality customer care.
• Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria.
• Maintain diagnostic viability of all specimens and ensure correct patient labeling of all materials.
• Ensure staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
• Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
• Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures.
• Follow all Standard Operating Procedures to ensure safety and quality standards.
• Implements and monitors quality control, new equipment, and/or methods.
• Give attention to detail to verify relevant data and process specimens ensuring appropriate specimens are handled according to process.
• Correctly apply laboratory medical terminology and measurements.
• Bachelor’s degree in the science field.
• Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) certification from ASCP or AMT required.
• 1+ years of experience working in a lab setting preferred.
• Experience testing COVID-19 samples, a plus.
• Background and/or knowledge of molecular or generalist testing.
• Problem solving, conflict resolution, and strong customer service and communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.