Blue Signal Search
Our client is a local molecular laboratory practice that delivers extensive medical expertise, working with state-of-the-art technology and practices to deliver clients accurate and fast results. They are hiring a Lab Tech to perform a variety of routine laboratory specimen processing functions.
The Medical Lab Tech is responsible for testing/prep samples, ensuring records are up to date and compliant with requirements while working under the supervision and technical guidance of the lead technologist. They will help to achieve optimal laboratory workflow and excellent customer service in accordance with practice policies and procedures.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive wage plus benefits package – medical/dental/vision, etc.
• Close-knit environment with likeminded self-starters.
• Work alongside a team of strong medical professionals offering patient services to people of all ages and backgrounds.
• Develop strong professional relationships based on communication, understanding and trust.
• Work to provide the motivation, tools, steps, and confidence that will produce lasting outcomes.
• Culture of integrity, high performance, and quality customer care.
• Day shift (7AM – 4PM), evening shift (4PM – 1AM), and night shift (12AM – 8AM) available.
• Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria.
• Maintain diagnostic viability of all specimens and ensure correct patient labeling of all materials.
• Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
• Follow all Standard Operating Procedures to ensure safety and quality standards.
• Maintain record logs in a timely and efficient manner.
• Give attention to detail to verify relevant data and process specimens ensuring appropriate specimens are handled according to process.
• Correctly apply laboratory medical terminology and measurements.
• Ensure confidentiality and safety of patient records.
• Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Knowledge of lab best practices and regulations.
• Previous medical/lab or pharmacy experience is preferred.
• Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with a team.
• Commitment to helping others, while displaying a positive attitude.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.