Blue Signal Search
Our client is a prominent healthcare group focused on bringing innovative and personal care to their patients. They are hiring a Medical Collections Specialist to follow up with and ensure the receipt of outstanding insurance claims payments.
The Medical Collections Specialist is responsible for maintaining office AR and follow-up on status. In addition to documentation, they will review reports for completeness and accuracy and assist patients.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus great benefits package – medical/dental/vision, 401(k) match, etc.
• Strong culture of promotion and training.
• Quarterly potential for bonuses based on productivity.
• Work alongside a team of strong healthcare professionals with emphasis on employee success and mentorship.
• Culture of high performance and quality customer care.
• Responsible for reviewing insurance claims, verifying insurance coverage, handling billing discrepancies, and assisting in patient account questions/disputes.
• Provide auditors, billers, posters, and other insurance collections specialists with assistance on outstanding claims payments.
• Use various tools and methods to process and trace claims payments.
• Communicate with various carriers to obtain claims approval and payment information.
• Provide customer service to affiliated practices through calls, emails, and other communication.
• Maintain excellent documentation for all activities.
• 2+ years of medical accounts receivable and collections experience. Physicians experience a must.
• Experience with Medicare, Medicaid or Commercial insurance collections. Billing, payment and reimbursement verification is a plus.
• Understanding of Insurance collections process and language.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to engage and effectively communicate instruction with affiliates, vendors, patients, and more.
• Detail oriented, investigative nature with a knack for research a must.
• Knowledge of FDCPA guidelines as applicable.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.