Blue Signal Search
Our client is an innovative IT company providing groundbreaking solutions and services to the Healthcare industry. As a startup company, they have already proven extremely successful and continue to expand at a rapidly to keep up with demand. They are hiring a Medical Claims Analyst to review medical coding and run post-payment audits.
The Medical Claims Analyst is responsible for assessments regarding billing claims and coding. In addition to documenting claims, they will review medical records for completeness and accuracy and assist the billings team with reconciliations and insurance issues.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive salary plus benefits package – medical/dental/vision, etc.
• Work alongside a small close-knit team empowered by their rapidly increasing success.
• A variety of career path opportunities and the freedom to work cross-functionally in many departments.
• Build strong, lasting relationships with industry professionals, clients, and stakeholders.
• A culture that is committed to going above and beyond industry and diversity standards with a mission to provide ethical and affordable care for all.
• Work to provide the motivation, tools, steps, and confidence that will produce lasting outcomes.
• Culture of integrity, high performance, and quality customer care.
• Responsible for the processing of insurance claims, verifying insurance coverage, handling billing statements, and processing patient account questions/disputes.
• Contact patient providers regarding claims and complete necessary steps for attaining records.
• File claims in a timely manner and follow up/resolve any no-response or rejected claims.
• Identify and correct compliance issues, documentation shortfalls, and areas for improvement.
• Review claims for inpatient and outpatient, institutional and professional claims types.
• Identify improvement opportunities and recommend workable solutions supported by cost benefit analysis.
• Stay up to date on and review coding updates, documentation changes, and relevant guidelines.
• Prepare reports, statements, and analysis to assist teams in assessing risk and strategy.
• Maintain excellent documentation for all activities.
• 2+ years of medical audit experience.
• Background in medical billing and coding strongly preferred.
• Professional coder certification required.
• Experience manually reviewing payments, reconciliations, and claims; with the ability to research claims for accuracy and completeness through referencing payer guidelines.
• Previous experience performing inpatient audits on the facility side.
• Strong understanding of HIPAA compliance and claim submission standards.
• Up to date knowledge of ICD and CPT Medical codes.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.