Blue Signal Search
Our client is a OBGYN services provider who has established their name and reputation of top notch providers and staff for over 30 years. They are hiring a Medical Assistant to utilize their medical skills to support staff and work with OBGYN providers to assure physical and psychological support for patients.
The Medical Assistant is responsible for performing clinical functions such as taking history and vital signs, documentation results, coordinating lab and prescription orders, and assisting with minor office procedures. They will work hands on to deliver top-of-the-line services while maintaining best practice standards.
This Role Offers:
• This is a contract role that will be active through May 26th.
• Work alongside a team of strong medical professionals.
• Gain hands-on experience and knowledge within the Medical field.
• Culture emphasizes the impact each employee can make on the lives of patients as they inspire innovation and empower women care.
• Culture of integrity, high performance, and quality patient care.
• Assists provider in examinations and gives instructions to patients as directed.
• Show patients to examination rooms, procedure rooms or operative rooms and prepare them for the physician.
• Cleans and prepares rooms between procedures and restock supplies.
• Manage busy schedule of new patient consultations, follow-ups, and referrals.
• Complete medical charts and documentation within expected time frames.
• Prepare and instruct patients about surgical and nonsurgical procedures.
• Answer telephone calls and takes messages for the provider and/or return calls.
• Apply medical techniques and principles within your scope, under the direction of the provider, to a diverse set of patients; offer patients care and encouragement.
• Collect laboratory specimens and perform point of care testing.
• Administers injections to include immunizations and fills out appropriate paperwork for recording purposes.
• Monitor patients’ progress and keep records of treatments.
• Comply strictly with medical care regulations and safety standards.
• 1-2+ years of experience as a Medical Assistant working alongside OBGYN providers.
• Strong background assisting providers in procedures and providing instruments.
• Familiar working with Athena.
• Must be available to work 8:30am – 5:00pm M-F
• High school degree/GED required.
• Understanding and experience with phlebotomy.
• CPR certification required; Medical Assistant certification preferred.
• Passion to work hard and be a team player.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.