Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leading healthcare provider. They are hiring a Medical Assistant provide support to their Mental Health Services department so that they can continue to offer their patients an excellent quality of care.
The Medical Assistant is responsible for performing clinical functions such as taking history and vital signs, documentation results, coordinating lab and prescription orders, and maintaining logs. They will work hands on to deliver top-of-the-line services while maintaining best practice standards.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive wage plus benefits package.
• Close-knit environment with likeminded self-starters.
• Work alongside a team of strong medical professionals offering patient services to adults of all ages and backgrounds.
• Develop strong professional relationships based on communication, understanding and trust.
• Work to provide the motivation, tools, steps, and confidence that will produce lasting outcomes.
• Culture of integrity, high performance, and quality customer care.
• Responsible for preparing patient for visit with provider. This may include but is not limited to, rooming patients, obtaining and documenting vitals, reviewing intake paperwork, pulling up radiology images, procedure set-up, injection prep, accurate data entry into EMR.
• Educate patient and family about diagnosis and treatment options, including risks, benefits, and alternatives.
• Apply medical techniques and principles within your scope, under the direction of the provider or RN, to a diverse set of patients; offer patients care and encouragement.
• Monitor patients’ progress and keep records of treatments.
• Issue appropriate prescriptions and administer medicine.
• Inform the prescriber or RN about any problems or discrepancies that might arise.
• Comply strictly with medical care regulations and safety standards.
• Manage busy schedule of new patient consultations, follow-ups, and referrals.
• Complete medical charts and documentation within expected time frames.
• Perform all duties and services in full compliance with internal and external requirements.
• Ensure compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, State and Federal regulatory agencies.
• 2+ years of healthcare experience as an MA.
• Medical Assistant Certification or MMAC required.
• Understanding and experience with phlebotomy.
• Passion to work hard and be a team player.
• Solid experience with EMR desired.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients, and the general public.
• Understanding of medical terminology.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.