Blue Signal Search
Our client offers Accounting and Business consulting and advisory services to companies across the country. With over 70 years of establishing their name in the industry they have acquired an impressive reputation based on bringing value and integrity to all client services. They are hiring a Managing Director SOC to advise companies in accounting, operations, compliance management and processes.
The Managing Director SOC will be responsible for advising clients on control and business processes acting as their direct point of contact. This role will require an expert level knowledge of SOC/SOX reporting and consulting services as well as the ability to motivate and lead a team.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary, performance bonuses, medical/dental/vision, 401(k) match, and PTO.
• Strong record of corporate responsibility and mission to provide added value in all they do.
• Many career advancement paths and support for training and certifications.
• Build strong relationships with closely-held businesses/clients with $50M-$1B in annual revenue.
• Expand niche skills within in manufacturing, construction, healthcare, not-for-profit, and high tech industries.
• Large pool of financial resources and software tools.
• Access to upper management and high degree of influence over new and expanding business processes.
• Strong portfolio of hand-picked nationally recognized customers and partners.
• High emphasis on cultural fit and employee satisfaction. Very high average employee tenure.
• The opportunity to make a lasting impact on a strongly established company, ready to take the next steps and launch into the future.
• Supervise, plan, and perform audits, reviews, compilations, and various consulting client engagements.
• Evaluates and defines client requirements for IT risk & security projects, defining scope and estimating project costs and details.
• Planning and executing of information technology audits, client risk assessments, and GRC Advisory engagements.
• Identify, assess, and document controls and weaknesses in client accounting systems.
• Organize, analyze and communicate with both fellow auditors and client personnel in a professional, productive and efficient manner.
• Lead client meetings and maintain strong client relationships.
• Directs engagements by managing junior staff or contractors to meet project commitments.
• Manage multiple assignments as part of a dedicated team of consultants.
• Exhibit strong analytical skills to evaluate financial data and relationships.
• Assist the firm in developing new tools and services related to emerging trends in data privacy and governance.
• 8+ years of experience from a public accounting or consulting firm with in-depth SOC knowledge.
• CPA, CISSP, CIA, or CISA certification desired.
• Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, IT or related field.
• Experience in supervising audit staff professionals.
• Ability to generate new business. Strong Chicago network of business contacts, a plus.
• Demonstrate understanding of applicable GAAP.
• Ability to communicate technical solutions and ideas to non-technical audiences.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, and analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Strong time management, self-motivation, and proactivity skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office.
To apply for this job please visit bluesignal.com.