Manager of Quality
San Bernarndino, CA
Logistics & Supply Chain
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leading distribution company offering solutions in logistics, inventory management, production, and manufacturing. They provide top-notch customer assurance, with quality and productivity, front of mind. They are hiring a Manager of Quality to support and oversee quality improvement initiatives while ensuring safety and production compliance.
The Manager of Quality is responsible for managing the Quality Assurance team on site at the distribution facility. They will test processes and products in order to ensure quality standards are being met throughout production. Success will be measured by their ability to improve quality management systems, support continuous improvement efforts, and in implementing and enforcing quality plans.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401(k), PTO, etc.
• Many career advancement paths and a true bootstraps culture. Many tenured employees who have worked themselves up through company ranks.
• Extremely high visibility, with direct access to directors and senior level executives.
• Successful portfolio of products with a wide range of applications.
• High level of autonomy in this role, taking department ownership with the opportunity to implement change as you see fit.
• Opportunity to grow with the organization during the expansion of new facilities and verticals.
• Management of the day-to-day operations of the Quality Assurance team including supervisors and team leads, identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Oversee inventory and materials management and optimize inventory management system.
• Communicate directly with customers and work with suppliers and vendors, defining customer/plant requirements and ensuring quality.
• Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets, quality, and safety.
• Manage quality incident resolution process including completion of root cause analyses, calculation of total cost of quality, implementation of corrective actions, and communication to key stakeholders.
• Conduct regular production/safety meetings with department staff to address quality concerns and implement operational improvements.
• Provide leadership and drive quality training initiatives for employees and lead annual performance evaluations.
• Work cross-functionally with internal teams to support quality, performance, and production value initiatives.
• Maintain quality metrics and ensure proper documentation and reporting is in compliance with regulatory standards.
• 5+ years of experience working with quality management systems in a distribution environment.
• Previous experience in a management role, overseeing direct reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline, preferred.
• Knowledge of the industry quality standards (FDA, USDA, etc.).
• Understanding of LEAN methodologies, continuous improvement, and TQM.
• Background implementing QA systems within a manufacturing environment.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to organize, schedule, and lead to ensure completion of tasks with quality and productivity as the goal.
• Proven ability to increase customer satisfaction by managing process improvement and production quality.
• Advanced MS Office Suite skills, specifically within Excel.
• Excellent training and presentation skills and the ability to explain safety concepts to others.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.