Blue Signal Search
Our client works with Fortune 500 companies and household brands to develop winning products that make health more enjoyable. They are hiring a Manager of Cost Accounting to lead a team responsible for documentation and compliance within the general ledger and other internal accounting.
The Manager of Cost Accounting is responsible for process optimization and improvement surrounding best practices, pricing analysis, and accounting. Primarily, they will work to find cost savings opportunities and support the financial health of the business through streamlining the cost accounting function within the company.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus outstanding benefits package and bonus potential.
• High employee tenure with low red tape culture. They hire professionals and trust their expertise, giving them room to make tangible impacts.
• Company has strong financial standing – holding nearly half of market share and looking to triple headcount to meet demand by 2024.
• Company on the cutting edge of innovation, with operations dedicated to creating new products as well as supporting current brands.
• Responsible for data reporting and analysis by creating and implementing reporting processes.
• Oversee internal cost accounting team – with direct reports and responsibility for leadership, talent development, training, etc.
• Develop and present reports related to revenue, profitability, budgets, market forecasts, cost accounting, gross margin analysis, and pricing analysis.
• Manage raw material inventory – run counts, monitor cycles, resolve inconsistencies, etc.
• Assist teams in setting budgets, pricing models, accounting procedures, and sales goals. Report on customer and product line profit.
• Conduct financial modeling from large data sets and develop actionable. Model business cases and present data insights to management for areas related to cost reduction.
• Develop in-house policies for accounting in accordance with industry standard practices. Ensure internal controls, compliance, and best practices are upheld through SOX, ERP, GAAP, and other regulations.
• Conduct business impact analysis and implement profitability improvements.
• Partner cross functionally with internal teams to understand improvements needed to create better efficiency and greater cost-benefit.
• 7+ years of financial analyst and/or accounting experience within manufacturing, GMP, or other plant environments.
• 4+ years’ background in leadership function.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, business, or a related field.
• Industry certifications (CPA, CFA, FRM, or FMWV) are a strong plus, but not required.
• Data reporting skills, including data mining, data warehouses, and analytics.
• Strong understanding of accounting principles, financial regulations, and business-case reporting.
• Excellent reporting, communication, and presentation skills. Ability to speak to stakeholders from all aspects from business and add value to decision-making.
• Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.